(Closed) Before & after pictures

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@ScarletBegonia: “Body for Life” actually mandates that you HAVE TO to a picture of yourself and post it in your bathroom or on the fridge or something in order to start loosing weight. I haven’t done it yet, but I also haven’t lost any weight yet either!

My first big step will be to take the photo and post it in my bedroom. I’m doing it on Dec. 1 eek!

Post # 4
1325 posts
Bumble bee

Mmmm, I have done picture before for fitness encouragement, but they never really helped me. It was kinda like “Oh yay, I’m out of shape, tell me something I don’t know.” However, you said you have some denial, so perhaps the visual would be helpful. 🙂

I personally did better with measurements, which I’ve heard isn’t a good thing to focus on because physical inches can be deceiving and not an actual indication of better health. I also do the best with clothes fitting better. Feeling clothes hanging differently on my body is what really motivates me.

For you, I would take the pics, who is going to post them on the internet? By the time someone was able to do that… even if you know someone who would, you will be well on your way to your fitness goal and it wont even matter. 🙂

The pictures will be helpful though when you are making progress to remind yourself how great you’re doing. The fact is you will get healthier when you want to regardless of pictures, so it might be night to have something to refer back to.

Post # 5
1738 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I tried Power 90 this summer (the pre-P90X program) and they reccomneded photos every 30 days so you could see your progress… I had more luck with the mesuring tape thean the scale or photos – I lost inches, but it wasn’t evident to me.  I’d say take the photos, be prepared to realize that it can take more than a few weeks for super-noticable results. 

Don’t worry about anyone seeing the pics other than you, put them in a file and figure out how to password protect access if it worries you – and also, you can get the same body-change benefit from you in a normal pair of workout shorts and a sports-bra – hardly fare for internet perverts. 

It can be a good motivater for some people – but so can shopping for smaller blue jeans 🙂

Post # 6
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have done this but it took me 4 years to lose the weight for my after pic.

Post # 8
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Before I left on this trip, I was taking an underwear picture of front, back and side for the past three months. You really do notice a difference. I’ll be back on it in December when I go home (though cringing at how much weight I’ll have gained since travelling) AAAH!

The topic ‘Before & after pictures’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors