(Closed) Belt and accessory help! Justin Alexander 8557

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I am not a huge fan of the flower…I think a plain satin sash would look nice, if you want it to stand out more you could try it in a different colour. But the lace is so beautiful I don’t think you want to do anything too bright,it would take away from the beauty of the dress I think! I am also in a belt conflict with my dress so I plan on trying a bunch of different options, the shop may have a few on hand you could try out!

Post # 4
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I like the flower! I think allure and essence have really pretty “bling” belts. I would try etsy!!!

Post # 5
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

That’s my dress too!  Isn’t it great? I’m ditching the flower and instead having a bow that will trail down the back made in the same fabric as the waistband; it’s going to attach just below where the buttons stop. Super excited to see it all together.

Post # 6
1877 posts
Buzzing bee

@nmsa:  That sounds beautiful!

@mrsrock:  I agree with trading the flower for something that is more uniquely you.  It’s fun to customize the gown a bit!

Post # 7
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@mrsrock:  I LOVE that floral sash with your dress. It looks amazing! I also am a JA bridge (8627), but never saw this dress in the store! It’s stunning and looks amazing on you!

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

@nmsa:  i would LOVE to see your dress….i tried on today and loved it and am ditching the flower too….but I LOVE the idea of a bow. Another dress I am considering has a bow!

Thanks!!!

Post # 9
57 posts
Worker bee

@mbrocato:  You and me both! 😉 Unfortunately, it won’t come in for another several months, and since the bow is being made, I haven’t actually seen it yet. The wait feels endless! But at least at the salon I purchased my dress from, when we made the plan for the bow instead of the flower, since it was being made specifically for me, we got to talk a lot about exactly what I wanted before they put the order in. I’m sure I’m not the first person to do this for some dress or another…maybe your salon might have some examples, or belts you can tie in a similar fabric to get the idea? They tied a belt that was the wrong color but right fabric around me so I could see what the bow would look like.

It may be too late to be helpful, but I will certainly send pictures when I have them.

Post # 10
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Im not a fan of flowers on a dress…i would switch it out for a wide double faced satin sash with embellishment on the front ot it…or totally crystal but if you do that it has to be quality or it will look cheap. Your dress is gorg anyway and you have a great bod 🙂 

Post # 11
859 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

do you still need help? I tried it with a thin blingy belt and I loved it!

The topic ‘Belt and accessory help! Justin Alexander 8557’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors