(Closed) best & worst wedding favors

posted 9 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
1064 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”>Try these posts, they are very good.

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”> 

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;”>http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/best-favors-youve-ever-received

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;”> 

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;”>http://boards.weddingbee.com/board/favors

Post # 4
3285 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

there’s been a post on this…but my fave was a tiny jar of black sand from Iceland because that’s where my friend and her hubby met! I don’t know why I liked it so much…I mean, what am I gonna do with some sand, but I thought the sentiment behind it was just so cool.

Post # 5
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Most favorite – Ghiradelli chocolates (or anything edible and “gourmet” – i.e., not M&Ms or Hershey’s kisses). 

Least favorite – anything with the couple’s name monogrammed on it.

I have to say, I’m pretty excited about the favors we’re giving.  Since we’re having a small wedding, we splurged a little.  It’s on December 6, and we have glass ornaments (3 different kinds) from Pottery Barn – an icicle, a bell & a mercury glass star. 

Post # 6
3285 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

peyton – YES!  it’s cool to have a monogram for invites, etc., but guests do not want the couples names all over a favor they’re supposed to use/look at every day.

Post # 7
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Best: Chocolate Kinder Eggs (love those little toys inside!)

Worst: Anything inedible with the couple’s names/wedding date on it. Sorry, but I don’t need things in my apartment that celebrate you and your wedding. That’s what your wedding is for.

Post # 8
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I always love homemade goodies (i.e. candies, cookies, etc.), because they are made with love by the happy couple. It’s always nice to see a little effort put in.

Post # 9
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I LOVED the wine stoppers my friend gave out. It was perfect timing as my hubby and I needed some.

Sorry but my least favorite was a mini, white porcelain, Cinderella like pumpkin carriage and matching mini-photo frame. What the heck do I do with the pumpkin carriage?!

Post # 10
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Totally biased, but I loved the edible candy flowers my sister made as her gift for our wedding, so that’s my fave (anything edible in general gets my vote).

Worst was a magnet of two peas in a pod, with the couple’s names and the wedding date in fancy script. I used it for a while on the fridge, but it felt weird for some reason and I eventually tossed it a drawer.

Post # 11
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I haven’t personally received them but I think the homemade edible things are really cool like homemade jams, concentrated drink mixes, etc especially when they have cute little poems attached!

Post # 12
990 posts
Busy bee

my favorite was hands down the personalized ping pong ball I got at my friend’s wedding … with their names, the date, and a four leaf clover. We put them to use that night – there was beer pong at the wedding!

worst – I really despised all of the candles I’ve received as favors. Blah. Not fun at all. And usually I’m not a big fan of the smell!

Post # 13
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

If you’re going to do edible chocolates, do gourmet ones. I’m tired of hershey kisses and bags of cheap halloween candies tied up and passed off as favors. I can get those myself, thank you. Get some yummy ones!

it seems every wedding i go to has candy, but it’s never “good” candy as the favor. My friend did coffee and mints. I actually like coffee, so I enjoyed making a cup of it =]

Post # 14
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Not really a “worst” wedding favor, but I really can’t stand getting CDs.  I don’t even have a CD player….I haven’t had one since college.  All I have is an IPod dock.  I usually pawn these off on my mom ;o)

Faves is anything edible, of course.  We had a few different ideas, but I think we’re going to do daisy-shaped cookies and make everyone happy ;o)

Post # 15
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

I’m actually glad I saw this post when I did!  I was about to try and kill myself making ornament favors with our names and the wedding date on them, but I kept looking and found a less personal alternative (which means less work for me!)

Post # 16
1080 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I really don’t like any favors, but I would have to revocalize that anything with teh couple’s name on it and date is a no go.

The topic ‘best & worst wedding favors’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors