(Closed) Best AT&T phone

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: What should I go with?
    Blackberry Torch : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Android (if so list which one) : (10 votes)
    31 %
    Other, explain : (1 votes)
    3 %
    iPhone : (20 votes)
    63 %
  • Post # 3
    8738 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I’m not sure which Droid phones AT&T has but the HTC technology is by far and away the best.

My Fiance had a Droid incredible with Verizon and the phone is very cool. I’m waiting for the new Droid thunderbolt to come out and then I will switch from AT&T to Verizon.

BUT, if you are using your phone for more business related items (i.e. lots of e-mail writing) the blackberry might be *slightly* better for that, although much less fun.

Post # 4
    7975 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

Neither of us is on AT&T, but my husband has an expensive blackberry and I have a cheap android – and he is constantly jealous of my phone. We find that the android market has a much better selection of useful apps, and can’t really figure out why anyone would want a blackberry……. he’ll be switching soon. 🙂

ETA: Look for an android with a slide out keyboard. I didn’t think I would love mine, but I totally do!

Post # 5
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

are you anti-iphone?

Post # 8
    8738 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

AT&T has the HTC Inspire 4G. That might be good. Just look for a Droid phone by HTC. They had fantastic touch screen phone technology before the iPhone arrived.

Post # 9
    2385 posts
    Buzzing bee

@kitzy: I thnk her problem with iphones are their lack of tactile keyboard.

I think a lot of the Android phones are superb, but because AT&T has had exclusive rights to the iPhone for so long they didn’t develop any top of the line Android phones because that would compete with their iphone market which has been a major deal for them for the last few years. Now that other carriers are able to carry iphones, its likely that the quality of AT&Ts Android phones will go up, but thusfar Verizon and other carriers have outstripped AT&T in the Android market. 

Sorry if that’s that’s not especially helpful.

Post # 10
    7975 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@Soon2beeMrsM: Yep, that’s MrDDW’s deal too. He bought his BB just before androids really made it in the market, and now he’s stuck with it!

Post # 11
    212 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

AT&T just released a new Android phone yesterday, the Motorola Atrix 4G. I wish I could get one! It’s got a dual-core processor! I use a Samsung Captivate, which was their other Android option before yesterday.

Post # 12
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

I love my iPhone!  I was super close to getting an android but the sales rep informed me that they can get viruses like a computer because anyone can just dream up and app and put it out there…whereas apple tests all of theirs.  Now, I’m not really sure if that true…but I bought it! 🙂

Post # 13
    7779 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

Darling Husband has an HTC and LOVES it. Its a really cool phone…. he has Sprint though. Not sure if AT&T carries them.

Post # 14
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve been a diehard iPhone user since the first generation was launched so that obviously gets my vote. I love that I have everything that I could possibly need in one handy devise. There’s an app for just about everything and the developers really care about the product they’re selling (I should know, I’m marrying one).

I had a blackberry years ago and I didn’t love it. I’ve never had an android but I have friends that do and they seem to like them. In my opinion, the iPhone is the best phone on the market so I’ve never seen a reason to switch. 

Post # 15
    827 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I personally have an iPhone and love it.  But you should go into a store and play around with some of them.  Also, it depends on where you live.  In DC, we don’t have a huge dropped call problem, but in NYC, it was terrible for me. 

Post # 16
    3041 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I have a droid 2. Its amazing & has a slide out keyboard:

Sorry this photo is so big! I found it online & can’t get it smaller.

The topic ‘Best AT&T phone’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors