Post # 1
I need ideas! We have three bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen. BMs are all late 20s, early 30s. GMs are 20, 22, and 30. (nothing alcohol related, as one is underage and one is in AA).
We also have one flower girl and 2 ring bearers. The RBs are tough because they are older..6 and 8! Help!
Post # 3
Ok, for the flowergirl, I would get anything princess or maybe a bride Barbie. For the Ring Bearers, if they are into video games, I would get them gift cards to rent games, if they read-The Dangerous Book For Boys, age appropriate movies, or anything relating to the big kid movies of the summer (Transformers/Harry Potter).
For the BM’s-something meaningful to your relationship with each of them. A mini scrapbook, or a framed favorite photo. Or if you can-a gift certificate for a massage or a mani/pedi. or a gift basket with a bag of Starbucks coffe, a pretty mug, and some homemade biscotti.
For the GM-Jersey from their favorite sports team, gift certificate for the driving range (if their into golf), or (maybe it’s overdone?) a money clip with their monogram engraved on it.
Hope this helps!
Post # 4
I wanted to give my girls something practical, but cute, so I’ve been on the HUNT. The other day I found short, soft cotton robes at Garden Ridge for… (Drumroll…) $1.99!!! (I think they were originally 7.99 or something) So still – even affordable at full price!
I have 6 BMs and 2 JrBMs, so I got them each one and will have their name / initials monogrammed. I picked up cute reuseable shopping bags at Pier 1 (2.99) and will give them each a pair of flip flops for use at the reception if they choose. Looks like we’re coming in at about $10.00 total for each girl and I am THRILLED!
Post # 5
Here are some ideas that we had come up with over the past year:
– Really nice over night duffle bags for the guys.
– Briefcases for the guys (ours were young professionals that never bought them for themselves).
– Nice leather wallets for the guys.
– Swiss army knives for the guys (we both own one, and we’re surprised how much it comes in handy!).
– Tickets to a sports event (like their fav team or something).
– Spa gift certificate for the girls (can get pricey, but even if it’s for a mani/pedi, the girls will love it).
– Gift cards to their favorite store or restaurant.
– Wine memberships to their favorite winery.
– Gift certificate for a cleaning service (since ours are also professionals who travel a lot and don’t have time for cleaning).
Post # 6
Oops, also forgot to mention that the iPod shuffles are also great because they’re $50 and even if some people already have an iPod, they can use the shuffle for working out because it just clips right on. That might work for the younger ones as well (ring bearer and flower girls).