Post # 1
There have been a lot of posts about this over the past few years, but since there are lots of new apps out there, I figured I would put the call out again. What are the best apps or methods for collecting guests’ wedding photos? I’ve found a few around $100, and a few that are free (WedPics, Capsule)- are they any good? Would love some advice from brides that have done this!!
Post # 3
I can recommend Photago.com where all guest can upload their photos from the wedding.
You create an album with a specific album name and password that you give to your guest. All guest can than upload photos from their smartphone via the app or from the webbrowser if they take photos with their digital cameras.
I have used it a lot and it is free up to 1GB per album.
Post # 4
I haven’t tried it myself yet (wedding is a ways off still), but we’re doing wedpics!
Post # 5
I recently attended a wedding that used Wedpics and coming from a guest who is uploading, I thought it was a nice app. I don’t know all the logistics of it, but the interface was very user friendly. We haven’t decided what photo sharing app we will use yet, but after seeing Wedpics, we may select that since we are familiar with it.
Post # 6
We’re using Wedpics. Clean interface, simple to use, and free! I’m not sure about other apps but this one also offers free printable card inserts which I plan on using.
Post # 7
My cousin used Wedding Party for his recent wedding. I’m not sure if you can print the pictures out but from a guest’s point of view, I thought it was very user friendly and easy to upload pics to share with everyone.
Post # 8
I chose WeddingPhotoSwap.com. These were the features that I needed
1) Could upload photos from digital cameras (I didnt’ want pics from people’s cell phones, but I did want the ones from all those nice SLRs my guests have!0
2) Unlimited uploads and downloads in full quality/size
3) Would allow my guests to download whatever pictures they wanted
I’d give the program a B. It was the only solution I could find that did all of these things, adn it doesn’t a decent job. The things that I’m not so happy about are:
– When browsing photos they aren’t high quality and don’t expand to full screen
– You can eithe rdownload EVERYTHING or one photo at a time. I’d like to be able to select mutlipul photos to download at once.
– It’s pretty intuitive, but there are some gaps. For example, when you upload photos, they go to me to be approved (GREAT feature) but the person who uploaded them doesn’t know that. So I inevitably get a message saying that the site isn’t working.
– It’s flaky with large batches. When you have either a big upload or a big download, it often fails and you have to try again. This COULD have been my internet connection…but it seems that some guests have had the same problem.
But anyway, if your requirements are similar to mine, check it out. For our destinatino wedding where there were a whole week of pictures to share, and lots of snap-happy amature photographers it was a good solution.
Post # 9
i downloaded wedpics but haven’t used it yet.
looks good from the site.