Post # 1
Fiance and I are working on getting healthier and in shape so in addition to working out, we are trying to eat better. But we are not super into eatting salad every day but beyond that, I have no idea what to make that is healthy food! Any suggestions for websites or your fav healthy foods?
Post # 3
Some of my favorites:
- Eating Well
- Every Day Paleo
- Skinny Taste (I don’t like that she does “low fat” everything, but much of it is easily remedied by substitting full-fat dairy products. Contrary to popular beleif, fat (in moderation and the right types) is good for you!)
And many recipes from anywhere can be made to be healthier. Use real ingredients, add extra vegetables to casseroles, etc.
I also suggest doing some reading on nutrition and diet, because the food pyramid is actually NOT a healthy way to eat.
- “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollen
- “Real Food” by Nina Planck
- “The Paleo Diet” by Loren Cordain, PhD
- “Protein Power” by Michael Eades MD & Mary Eades MD
- “Nutrition and Physical Degeration” by Weston Price, DDS
Post # 4
A couple of people have recommended her, on here, but Hungry Girl has some great recipes! My Fiance and I are obsessed with her Boca Burger section right now!
Post # 5
http://www.tasteofhome.com has wonderful recipes and they are known for making more nutritional adjustments to recipes.