- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
This is super long but it’s worth it. Please save yourself the heartache and read this before choosing your videographer.
I recently hired Alex to be my wedding videographer for my wedding in October 2012. I am completely dissatisfied with his service. Instead of telling you how upset I am, I’ll give you the facts and let you decide whether or not to hire A Sac Wedding.
1) I mailed him my contract in early summer 2012. He was supposed to sign it and mail a copy back to me. After 2 months of emailing him and not receiving a response, I called him. He told me he changed his email address. He never notified me as his client as to his email change. After 2 more months of promising to mail it and never following through, I finally asked for a face-to-face appointment a week before my wedding just so that I could receive my contract. This went on from May to October.
2) The day of the wedding, he was very friendly and very hard working.
3) The contract states it will take 8-12 weeks to finish the product. About 8 weeks in, I asked for an estimated time of completion, because I was excited. He said it would be done before Christmas. Didn’t receive it. Around New Years, he said next week. For the next couple of weeks, he kept promising the following weekend, and never followed through, which is fine because the contract said he had 12 weeks to do it. I just didn’t appreciate the false hope in getting my video early.
4) On week 13, I started getting worried. He said one more week. Finally, after a week and a half, he said he was ready to ship it out. It wasn’t shipped for a few days. I asked why, he said there was an error in the video. I finally received my video in week 14.
5) My video was very professionally made and he was good at keeping to my requests for how our special day should be recorded.
6) However, there were huge parts of my reception missing. The guest commentary was missing. The organized bridesmaid dance was missing. The anniversary dance was missing. The cake cutting was missing. The exit of the married couple was missing. These were all key events of the wedding that he knew about because I handed him an itinerary a week before the wedding. There are pictures of him video taping these events.
7) I contacted him about this. After a few days of trying to get his attention, he finally sent me a video of the guest commentary. He promised the next few videos would be ready by the end of the weekend. On Monday, I contacted him and no response. It is Thursday now and I’ve been trying to get a hold of him for 4 days. He has been completely ignoring my calls, texts, and emails; I have not heard from him. I have now filed a dispute with Paypal and want my money back.
8) I’m not the type of person to make recommendations to people, but I went out of my way to tell all of my 2013/2014 bride friends not to hire Alex Cristescu/A Sac Wedding by Parallel Productions. I was completely satisfied in the QUALITY of the video, but completely unsatisfied in the service that I received.
Based on these facts, make your own judgment as to whether or not you want to hire Alex Cristescu.