Omg! First, can I say that I love this idea!? This is such a nice place to infuse positivity and let other bees in the TWW/TTC know that there is a light at the end o the tunnel! (that’s not to take away from how long and tedious that tunnel can feel sometimes 🙁
So many congrats to all the BEAUTIFUL BFPs posted above! And to all my TTC bees! I am saying a prayer, with my whole heart, as I write this. I pray and hope that ALL your dreams come true and you have not only your BFP, doubling hCGs, a strong heartbeat, lovely ultrasounds and the happiest and healthiest pregnancy and beyond! When you become mothers, I hope your journey is speckled with endless love and joy. I hope it helps us all tap into our inner feminine ferocity and realize the power of a mother’s love. I hope we grow and enrich in this experience and beyond! So much love and hopes and well wishes coming to all my TTC bees and all my soon-to-be mommas and all my already-mommas!
So here’s a little bit about my story
Quick TTC background:
- My husband and I were not preventing but not ACTIVELY trying either for about a year!
- The problem is that during that year, I didn’t have a period for 10 months. Yay for PCOS acting up. It was the worst it’s ever been.
- Then, two months ago, I started to get OPKs…just for the heck of it.
- 2 months ago, no LH surge detected…no smiley faces for the whole month!
- 1 month ago, I GOT A SMILEY FACE and a very faint LH surge (that lasted for all but a few hours). It’s like the smiley face was there, and that it wasn’t. We BD’d that day, 2 days before, and 5 days after it (just for fun!)
How / When did you find out:
I got my first squinter BFP at 8 DPO! Then a faint one at 9 DPO and my BFP at 10 DPO! Lol. I found out because I’m such an impatient little troll and tested ever single day.
How did you / will you tell SO:
I’m thinking about surprising my in-laws with with a carseat, wrapped in a box. When they open it, there will be an ultrasound posted on the carseat!
My parents already know because they followed me through this whole whirlwind lol.
TTC strategy (charting, OPKs, supplements, lying down after BD, etc.):
- I had been taking prenatals, B12, B6, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Vitamin D and Iron tablets for the past three months (trying to get my PCOS under control too).
- Clearblue Easy Read OPK–> I HIGHLY recommend to anyone!
- Yes, I will admit it. I held my legs up in the air in hopes to seal the deal. And tried lots of different positions in my FW, hoping that ONE would get close enough to my Princess Egg.
- Not preventing but not actively trying: >1 year!
- REALLY REALLY trying: 2 months
Anything new this cycle:
I detected my LH surge, FINALLY through the OPK! This gave me a time frame indicating ovulation. I know people have mixed opinions with using OPKs but I really recommend them. They can’t hurt your chances!
- I had NO traditional early symptoms–no EWCM, no tenderness, no bloating, headaches, nausea, or anything.
- On the week of my “missed period” (the ones that I never have), I felt pressure in my pelvic girdle. It wasn’t enough to call it cramps. But more like a twinge or a pressure/pulling sensation.
- I also got dizzy spells the week of my missed period! And, I started having to go to the bathroom a little more frequently.
- Now, I am getting sore breasts and slight bloating. Still no food cravings. Still feel pretty high on energy. No nausea etc. Hopefully that stays! FX!
Link to your pregnant chart (if you have one):
Meow! I don’t!
Picture of the two beautiful lines:
You guys, cherish these two beautiful lines because they will soon become squinters again! (But the best kind of squinters…with the control line being nearly absent)
My first test is on 14 DPO, My beta HCG was around 900 at that time. That was my two solid lines!
My second test was on 20 DPO, My beta HCG was well over 6000 at that time. Now my tests are becoming my favorite kind of squinters!