- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
I just got a BFP. This is the 3rd month TTC. I’ve been pregnant before (over 4 years ago) and it ended badly. So badly so that I was afraid and didn’t want to try for a while. Ideally we could have started trying at least 1.5 years ago but I was just too scared and devastated. So I am very grateful right now. I got a LOTTT of love and support from the Bee. Thank you guys!!! I owe it all to you!!
There are a lot of things I did this month which I didn’t do in the first two. I wish these can help you guys get your BFP as well…
1) Started taking more iron. The recommended 3 pills on the box. (I was taking 2 and getting the rest of the iron from my diet.) The ones I take also have Vitamin C to help absorb the iron.
2) I also took Mucinex as per TCOYF book. I did this in November too though but no BFP then. Though both Nov and Dec I did NOT take the 200mg’s recommended in the book. I took one pill of 1200mg’s of slow release in the morning everyday when I had somewhat of an EWCM until O day. (Though December I missed taking it on O day!)
3) Came after hubby. (I always used to come first.) And then stayed somewhat elevated for the next 10-15 mins.
4) I had got a bit of a YI (yeast infection) in early November a cpl weeks before O day.
So after I got rid of that (by NATURAL means at home!!!), I started also taking Organic and raw ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) with ‘mother’ in the mornings to keep YI at bay. BUTTT, I didn’t know abt this until my O day for November came and went. And Dec had already started. (See para below). I was still researching until then how to prevent YIs. Then when I found out, I started my regiment. I learned it is not just to keep YI away but also to keep my pH at optimal levels. As I read more and more about this, I learned that ACV is VERY, VERY TTC friendly. It has some enzymes that create an optimal environment for baby and keeps it sticky. (I am still learning!) This is the Organic, raw and with ‘mother’ kind ONLY. The pasturized one doesn’t do anything.
I took it every other day since a week before O in December. Which is only like maybe 3 times. Then abt 2 days after O, I upped my intake to every morning before I eat anything. I cook breakfast but before I eat that, I take 2 TABLEspoons with 1.5 TEAspoon of typical Mr. Bee (not organic) honey. And 8 ounces of warm water. I drink it with a straw as to not let it touch my teeth. The brand I am taking is different from the Bragg’s brand which is more famous. In fact, the brand I got is REALLY, REALLY OLD. I’ve had this bottle since at least the past 2 years. My dad gave it to me because he used to take it to keep his blood sugar consistent. And God knows how long ago HE bought it. Doesn’t taste or smell very good so I hold my breathe for those 8 ounces. And then eat my breakfast that I had cooked earlier immediately afterwards.
5) Consuming a good well-rounded multi-vitamin. This is also something I have been doing for the past 16 years. I may have missed a few months here n’ there over the course of a few years whenever I was between jobs, or money was just short. But overall, I have stayed as consistent as possible. And made this is a priority for myself.
6) I don’t know if this matters or not but I started eating steel cut oatmeal on November 22. (This was a week after my O day for Nov.) I ate it every morning for breakfast. I wanted to do that to cleanse my system and get more nutrients and energy. Not for TTC. But nearly 2 mths of such a good quality breakfast may have helped too. I put a lot of other stuff in it. Won’t bore you with the ingredients.
I don’t recommend this but I haven’t worked out since July. And I used to work out HARD CORE. Puttin’ many guys to shame at the gym! I stopped going to that gym due to some timing issues and I didn’t start working out at home either. (Bad me!) But I didn’t let myself go either and start eatin’ garbage or anything. Life got in the way. (Contract at work ended. So was under stress but then decided to look for work in the New year.) I want to work out still and will start shortly. I am still learning about what I can or can’t do during pregnancy so I will hit up the Pregnancy boards for that.
Good luck, Bees!!!! I am sending every one sticky baby dust!!!!! I will do anythng I can to help you get pregnant! Darling Husband and I have been through a great deal of emotional turmoil from before and I can’t imagine anyone else having to go through that. Especially you Bees who have been there for me.