(Closed) Black Petticaot or Ombre Black?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What do you think?
    Stick to the petticoat : (19 votes)
    43 %
    The ombre for sure!! : (17 votes)
    39 %
    No! (expalin please?) : (8 votes)
    18 %
  • Post # 17
    112 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2015

Oh, my goodness! Those black veils are incredible!

I’d wear one of those for the ceremony (rather than the one that had the black lace border), and change to the headpiece for the reception.

Have you considered long black gloves? And leave your gorgeous dress just as it is…

Post # 18
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

By The Way… where is your wedding going to be? I’m getting married exactly one month after you, and I’m in Australia, too.

Post # 22
    1776 posts
    Buzzing bee

If you just wanted to add some black accessories to your white dress, that could work too. My wedding colors were black, white, and red, and I wore a black fabric shawl:

Post # 23
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

@laura.batty:  Nice! I like the detail on the second ones. And they leave your hands uncovered, so you don’t have to take them off for the wedding ring to be put on.

We’re in Sydney.

Post # 24
    776 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

Oooh I love the ombre idea! Don’t know if I would do that to my wedding dress but that would be so pretty! I wouldn’t want to cover up all those gorgeous details on the dress though. I agree with PP about a petticoat looking like a mistake. Hmm…Perhaps just looooots of black accesories?

Post # 25
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

How about these from Etsy:

4 pairs bridesmaid gift Black lace gloves french lace wedding fingerless gloves black camarilla gloves burlesque vampire glove guantes

Post # 27
    521 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: City, State

@laura.batty:  I think I like the overlay just a tad better than the ombre. I love the inspiration pic #1 that you posted. I love the black tulle over that dress. I’d be affraid of the ombre look incase it didn’t turn out and it messes up the dress. I just saw all the accessories you’ve posted and I’d probably go that route and if you have to add anything to the dress, black tulle over the dress itself. 

I’m sure it will all look amazing when all said and done. Can’t wait to see pictures!!

Post # 28
    3329 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

An overlay would look amazing, I think Ombre would look fantastic too. I’m sorry I’m not much help at all. I can’t wait to see your recaps though. How exciting!

Post # 32
    1762 posts
    Buzzing bee

@laura.batty:  I agree with the others… Overlay inspiration pictures look awesome! The first one is my favorite. I think you should go for it!

The topic ‘Black Petticaot or Ombre Black?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors