(Closed) 'Black Tie Optional' wedding with DJ

posted 5 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Can a wedding be black tie optional with a DJ?
    Yes, black tie optional is appropriate. : (33 votes)
    65 %
    No, black tie optional is not appropriate in this case. : (18 votes)
    35 %
  • Post # 31
    2792 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    tjacob2014:  Emily Post is now run by Ms. Post’s less etiquette minded granddaughter who is in fact, not the authority on etiquette that Emily was. Miss Manners says putting black tie optional can be seen as “waffling” on the hosts part and that dress code should not be stated on an invite. Black tie is exempt from that rule because black tie is not a dress code – it is a tier of event. Again, if the wedding is black tie then say so. If not, say nothing. 

Post # 32
    1189 posts
    Bumble bee

My first instinct was that a dj less formal but you’re having a live singer then switching to DJ for the “party” time…I think you’re fine. Do what makes you happy 🙂

Post # 33
    1103 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    carolinabelle:  yup, I already agreed it shouldn’t go on the invites. Wedding website/word of mouth if someone asks is appropriate. Black tie optional simply indicates to guests both formal cocktail and tux/gowns are appropriate. Like I said, if you don’t want to use it don’t use it. But most people know what black tie optional means, or are capable of googling it to get the necessary info to decide how to dress. 

The topic ‘'Black Tie Optional' wedding with DJ’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors