(Closed) Bling insurance???

posted 10 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

You can insure your ring via a rider on your home owners or renters insurance, or via a separate policy (like Jewelers Mutual).  You will need at least the receipt for you ring; an appraisal is a better idea, and will be required if the ring is over a certain value.  You can get it appraised at most jewelry stores (for a fee), if you don’t have an appraisal.  If he really did get a great deal you undoubtedly want to insure for appraised value rather than what he paid for the ring.  In future, you can generally get a appraisal (just for asking) when you buy the jewelry.

Post # 5
45 posts

i took my ering to an independent appraiser in my area.  i wasn’t able to add a rider to my renters insurance, so i went online to touchstone insurance and purchased a separate policy for my ering.  you can also call a local ins. agent in your area for quotes.

Post # 8
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

You need to make sure you get a policy that covers the replacement cost, not actual cost you paid. I would get an independent appraisal from a local store and compare it to the one that came from the online store. Make sure you add your wedding band as well. 

The topic ‘Bling insurance???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors