(Closed) BM Dresses & My Gown – Opinions Please!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5778 posts
Bee Keeper

Sorry, but I don’t like the dresses together. Maybe with the additions you’ve mentioned, but seeing them next to each other, I don’t like it. Do you have pictures of them in the actual dresses?

Post # 4
1351 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@ItWasntMe:I think I agree with smyley.

Post # 5
6830 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Sorry I am an agreement not liking the dresses together

Post # 6
Hostess
11113 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Sorry me too, i’m not feeling it

Post # 8
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

sorry but its not doing it for me either….

Post # 9
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yeah, unfortunately, I like both Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, but they just don’t go together, and I think the parasols will make it look even more confused. I say just pick one dress, and like you mentioned you wil prob have to pay for a new one since they already bought these…

Post # 10
Hostess
23597 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh man, yeah, not feeling it either.  Maybe your Maid/Matron of Honor can get a dress in the base color of your BM’s dresses?  Like a solid brown/army green color?  And then you can use yellow in the bouquets as a pop of yellow?

Post # 11
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

If you want to do different colors on th BMs try sticking to solid colors rather than patterns. If the brown dress was solid brown it would look much better next to yellow, but right now its a brown and white pattern and that makes it look a bit too busy.

Post # 12
921 posts
Busy bee

Aw, sorry but I’m not a huge fan of the dresses together either.

Post # 13
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I am also not a fan of this combo. Maybe it will help if I can elaborate a bit for you. First, these look like they are from department stores so I would suggest trying to return them first before worrying about spending more money on getting a second dress. One of my BMs returned her dress to Nordstrom 6 months later when she dropped out without a problem.

I think there is a lot going on with that combo of dresses, you have texture (yellow), ruffles (yellow and you) and print. You also have very different silouettes and fabric on all 3 dresses. Furthermore, I can’t tell if the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are white or ivory base and your dress looks white.

My suggestions:

solid color olive/brown without a texture for Maid/Matron of Honor and keep Bridesmaid or Best Man

scrap all of them and find something different, making sure the fabric is all th same and goes with your dress.

consider the silouette of your dress and look for something complementary (i.e. sweetheart neckline, more fitted/A-line)

Post # 14
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I love that yellow dress!!! Can you give them all those? Its really one they could wear again. If they already bought them you could easily coordinate with flowers in matching colors, like have a lot of yellow in the floral dressed girls, but white brown and green with the yellow dress!

Post # 15
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Knowing nothing about hte actual sitzes or budget, here are my suggestions, turns out most everything I could find in your colors is onsale which may make this easier on the budget (all below are under $100):

chocolare brown (J. Crew sale sz. 10-16 avaliable): http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~11428/99101642889/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17+4294967097+4294966685~15~~~~~~~/11428.jsp’ defer=’defer

Chocolare (Ann Taylor sale sz. 10-18) http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=21350&Nr=AND(CAT_SALE_FLAG:Y)&N=1200043&pCategoryId=3944&categoryId=349&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_349&loc=TN&defaultColor=Espresso&defaultSizeType=Regular’ defer=’defer

Post # 16
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think they look odd together. I would continue your search. sorry.

The topic ‘BM Dresses & My Gown – Opinions Please!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors