- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
My cross-country bridal party (3 ladies) is looking for dresses.
Idealy, we want three different styles, all in navy lace, like this: http://watters.com/Product/WattersWatters/2255/ and styles 2251 and 2252
The problem is that lace is expensive to dye (so I’ve learned) and these dresses are the only ones we’ve found that are entirely navy, as most Bridesmaid or Best Man lace dresses have lace overlays only in ivory, grey, or black (we don’t want any of those). These Watters ones are perfect, but are also out of budget ($400+).
So… we’re now deciding how to move forward.
- the girls live in three different parts of the country, won’t be together for any part of the dress search.
- we all want them to each have their own style
- I’d like the material to be the same, but it’s not a deal breaker if different
- I want the girls to be excited for their dresses, as I’m a firm believer that that really shines through
So, with that in mind, we are deciding whether to:
- Have me and my Bridesmaid or Best Man (who lives in town) search for some styles in Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses at bridal salons here (from Dessy, or another major manufacturer) and order for all three girls using their measurements (downside = the other two will have no part in choosing the dress and will not try it on first)
- Have the girls find a dress from a non-BM source, and order it (J Crew, Anthropologie, etc, which they could probably try on at a store near them) –risk the dresses being slightly different colours.
- Let the girls lose to each find a dress that is navy in colour, similar length, and that they love. I know they’ll be in touch via email and each are very elegant and stylish. I know they’d find gorgeous dresses, but we wouldn’t see the whole look until the end.
p.s. I think in any of these options, the dresses wouldn’t be navy lace, as this is very hard to find.
p.s.s. Wedding colours: navy, blush, silver (with polka dot accents here and there in the decor)