Post # 1
So I’m on the fence about Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses – opinions please!
1) Dessy dress in Melrose print (there are a few styles BMs can pick from.) I would buy each BMs dress for them. I loooove this dress BUT know that my BMs would really never have occasion to wear something like this again.
2) Give BMs a gift card to J Crew, Banana, Ann Taylor, etc., and let them pick a little black dress. I like the look of the more formal Dessy more but this way I know that they will actually wear the dress again and it would be a great gift to them.
3) Keep looking until I find an option that is both re-wearable and has the look I’m going for, although I’m honestly not sure if that is 100% possible.
Dessy Melrose print…I will try to post a pic below
Post # 3
That is a really pretty dress. It’s your wedding and your special day. The last thing I would worry about is whether they can wear it again. They never do…. And I have been to lots of weddings in my 40 some years. Make your day special and memorable.
Post # 4
- Wedding: June 2008 - Imperia Hotel (modern chic hotel)
This dress is beautiful… I would say go for that print. Plus depending on their dress style they can defintely wear it again (say shorten it) and make it a cocktail dress.
I would wear it again…. with a cardigan or shall.
Post # 5
I would wear this dress again..i would prob have it altered. I say go for it..it is your day and you should be happy!!! oh and if you’re paying for it..they can also give it back to you if they do not want it and you can resell it.
Post # 6
That dress is so pretty and I would wear it again if it was a bm dress of mine!
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School
I don’t want to sound like a downer but be careful with prints, I think that one is very cute now but not sure if it will hold up 50 years from now…Whereas you can never go wrong with a LBD….just sayin 🙂
PS- SO nice of you to get your BM’s dresses for them, wish I could do that! I’m sure they appreciate it….
Post # 8
Why not give them an option – either a LBD or the print? How many bridesmaids do you have? If you have 4 or more, it would look great if you had 2 and 2, or whatever.
I LOVE the Dessy dress by the way – and I would totally wear it again!
Post # 9
I actually would totally wear that Dessy dress again. It’s so pretty. I tend to be a bit bold with my dress selections, though. Why don’t you ask your girls if they would prefer black and white patterned dresses or plain black dresses. Also, does that Dessy pattern come in something shorter? That would be perfect.
Post # 10
I say if you are paying then go with the Dessy. I would also totally wear that again, though I would probably have it shortened to cocktail length.
Post # 11
I think that dress is awesome!! If you’re paying, then go with whatever you prefer!
Post # 12
I adore that dress and would wear it all the time! I’d just have it shortened. Go for it!
Post # 13
This is tricky, looks like they are neck and neck in the poll, ha ha! My main thought with them not wearing the Dessy again was the length…but as a few helpful bees pointed out, it could always be shortened! I would ask them but they are sweeties and will just tell me to pick whatever I like best.
Post # 14
I would totally shorten that and wear it again, it’s gorgeous!!
Post # 15
I love that dress! And yep, I would definitely shorten it and wear it again.
Post # 16
I just remembered…we tried this one on when we were shopping because I adore the print too. For my girls who aren’t busty it was stunning, for the ones that are this dress wasn’t the most flattering. Not sure if that’s an issue for you!