(Closed) BM missing bachelorette party because she has no ID *rant*

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
9920 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Aelie:  So she has been driving around without a license?  She hasn’t gone out for six months?  She hasn’t bought any alcohol, or even Sudafed?  I don’t understand.  

Post # 4
9956 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Going to go out here on a limb…

Does she have a Birth Certificate or Passport ?

In so much as usually people don’t store those in their purse.


Post # 6
709 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Does she have a passport?

In both states I’ve held a license, they’ve given me a temporary ID (with a picture) to have while I waited for my new ID.

And yeah – how was she surviving in the meantime? This doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Post # 8
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

That’s a bummer. Can’t she just go to the DMV and get a temporary one?

I went a few months without one when mine expired and I was too busy to bother with it.

ETA: lol I don’t know why people find it hard to believe shes surviving without it, not everyone drinks often and if so someone else can buy it.
I almost never use mine unless I’m going to the bar (which is rare now a days).


Post # 9
1375 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yeah, a passport might work-my BF used his passport as ID when he was visiting and we wanted to get a drink.

That’s friggin weird that she went 6 months without though! Even if she doesn’t drive, I would think she would need ID for something.

Post # 11
9920 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Aelie:  Do you also live in St. Louis?  What kinds of places are you planning to go?

Post # 12
9194 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Any DMV should give you a temporary ID in the meantime…

Post # 13
2612 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

I would think about where you’re going and how old she is, it might make a difference. Once I turned 25 here, I pretty much stopped getting carded at 90% of the places I go to. Especially just bars, restaurants serving alcohol seemed more inclined to card. But then again, I’m in WI where I’ve been told we’re pretty liberal when it comes to alcohol.

I would otherwise look into a temp ID, passport (if not expired)

Post # 14
9146 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Aelie:  How old is she and where do you plan to go?  Places like sports bars and restaurants rarely card me.  Clubs and downtown bars card everyone.  Maybe attend an 18 and up club so she can still go but she just might not get served?  I would suggest her being DD but she doesn’t drive and the license is still not going to get here in time.  That was very irresponsible of her but I am sure she is just as disappointed as oyu are that she is going to miss out.

Post # 15
10456 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

An expired passport would probably be fine, all they’re looking for is age/photo match. Not expiry date like airports care about. 

Post # 16
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

In Tx when you go to the DMV they give you a paper copy with your photo on it as a temporary until your real license comes in.  You can get into any bar here legally as all that’s required is some valid form of ID with a picture.  Of course I’ve been known to get in places with a yearbook picture (photo id) and a birth cert (valid form of id) back in the day.  😉 Just depends on the place really. 

The topic ‘BM missing bachelorette party because she has no ID *rant*’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors