- Running Elley
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
Hi Everyone!!! I really enjoyed this month’s book club choice and I’m really excited to discuss it with you all!
I found these discussion questions through google…feel free to answer any that you think are interesting or just ignore them completely!
1. What makes Matched dystopian? How does the Society compare with the worlds in other dystopian novels you’ve read.
2. What details and events make the world Ally Condie created realistic and believable? What do think the positive qualities of the world are? What do you think the negative qualities of the world are?
3. What scene sticks with you after you’ve finished reading?
4. Why do you think The Society was so restrictive with the art and literature it permitted?
5. What artifact from your life would choose to pass down to other generations?
6. Cassia has a special relationship with her grandfather. Why do you think he gave her the poem even though it was so dangerous?
7. Why do think that Cassia is so inspired by Dylan Thomas’ poem Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night? How do you think her understanding of the poem changes throughout the novel?
8. Cassia is to be assigned as a data sorter. If you were to be assigned a role in The Society what would it be and why?
9. Cassia has an impossible choice. Would you make the same decision as Cassia? Why or why not?
10. Now that you’ve read Matched, what questions would you most like to have answered in the upcoming sequel?