Post # 17
- Wedding: October 2014 - UK
@kansas_nurse: haha, the no facebook thing is really hard! Particularly when we have friends who are planning as well who ARE posting things. But I will be strong! If I do post, it will definitely invite conversation from people I really don’t want to talk wedding stuff with!
I made my invitation inserts over the weekend! They’re not much, but I’m pretty pleased with them. And I’ve got 43/53 invitation cards made, ready for inserts to be stuck into, but I can’t make any more until I get some more craft leaves. Laaame.
Post # 18
Getting Married on October 18th. We are having a catholic wedding, church is booked, reception venue is booked, centerpieces are half way done, picked out wedding cake, just not ordered yet, baker said to wait til 2-3 months before the wedding, is that weird? Linens are booked, working on the caterer. Dj is booked, just need to select music. I feel accomplished at times then panic that we are falling behind!
I haven’t tried on any dresses yet, going to start next month. I get excited, then get anxiety all at the same time.
Counting the days!!!
Post # 19
@chronicwhimsy: exactly!! Plus we have a cousin getting married a few months before us….and I am pretty sure i know 98% what her wedding will look like…although i am looking forward to dinner that night….her menu sounds delicious….and the pictures looked good too! lol….I think the only thing she hasnt posted is her dress!
so it does make it hard….but I want people to enjoy my wedding not just ready for it to behere and overwith so i stop posting about it…lol
Post # 20
- Wedding: October 2014 - The Heathman Lodge (Vancouver)
My dress. Alterations are planned, not measured yet tho.
Bridesmaids can pick their own shoes.
Flowergirl dress, needs altered.
Groomsmen & Ringbearer tuxes are picked. They just need to get measured.
Photographer(s)….we have 3 family friends willing to do it for free. One is candids, one for formals, and one to fill in the blanks.
Ceremony location is on the fence, depending church availability at the time I want it (we have a korean congregation use it on weekends). Otherwise it will be at the reception venue.
Invitations are ready pending ceremony location.
Bridesmaid gifts are picked.
Honeymoon is about to be booked (after this weekend).
Favors are a gift.
Card box (probably DIY).
Fiance is in charge of groomsmen gifts.
Flower girl basket.
Post # 21
I love the no FB details! As much as I love my friends, I was not all that interested on hearing constant, daily updates on their wedding planning lol and I was not about to do the same thing.
Post # 21
My wedding is on 4 October 2014 and I haven’t said a word about it on facebook and i’m not going to.
On the planning side,
I have these booked and deposited or fully paid:
- Church and Officiant – 50% deposit paid;
- Reception Venue (Includes all chairs, tables, all linen, crockery, cutlery, catering, food, juice, tea, coffee, sparkling wine for toasting, cake and cake serving set) – 98% paid. Just waiting for the final list of people attending so that we can sort out the per person costs;
- Florist – Fully paid for all the reception flowers, big ceremony flowers, bouquet, bouts, as well as other rentals. Awaiting a quotation for some of the additional ceremony flowers;
- Wedding Planner – Fully paid;
- Dress – Custom made and 70% paid;
- His and hers rings – Custom made, fully paid and have been in our possession since April 2013;
- Jewellery – Only doing earings.
- Shoes, socks and shirt for him – Already owned but were never worn so they are new;
- DJ for both the ceremony and reception – 50% paid. Balance to be paid mid May;
- Videographer – 50% paid. Balance to be paid mid May;
- Professional photographer – 50% paid. Balance to be paid mid May;
- Bought wines for the reception;
- Bought and printed all invitations. Distribution starts today 11 April 2014. My Fiance and I work and stay in a foreign country and our wedding will be taking place in our home country South Africa so early distribution is the only way to go since we will come home a week or two before the wedding;
- Bought other decor items like candles and holders, etc;
- Hotel stay, day before the wedding, the night of as well as the day after – 50% paid. Balance to be paid on checkout;
- Makeup – 50% paid. (Includes trial,facial, manis and pedis)
- Hair – I don’t need a hairstylist. I keep my hair extremely short, actually almost bald. So i will just spray and brush in the morning of.
- Ring dish
Still need to be done:
- Shoes for me
- Flower Girl & Ring Bearer outfits
- Select a menu
- Select ceremony and reception music
- Select other drinks menu
- Decide on the timeline for the day
Things we are not doing or getting:
- Getting a marriage licence – not a requirement in my country
- Transport – Using our own car
- Underwear – we already own enough
- Save the dates
- Bridesmaids or Groomsmen attire – We aren’t having any bridal party apart from Flower Girl & Ring Bearer (our son), thank god!!
- Veil, tiarra or any kind of headpiece
- other jewellery – bracelet and necklace (my dress in lace and with 3/4 sleeves. It’s already detailed on the neck so there is no space for a necklace and since it is not sleeveless i don’t see the need for a bracelet
- Gifts for us or anybody
I’m sure i have forgotten a lot of other things but these are what came into my mind.