(Closed) Bought my wedding dress yesterday! (Ella Bridals/Stella New York 5468)

posted 4 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Did I do okay?
    Yes! That's your dress! : (13 votes)
    37 %
    Hell no! : (2 votes)
    6 %
    It's pretty, but you could do better. : (17 votes)
    49 %
    WTF were you thinking? : (3 votes)
    9 %
    I love it! : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    6207 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

congratulations! I probably would have waited a while longer since you only tried on 30 dresses, but as long as you continue to love it, it won’t be an issue. Doesn’t it feel awesome to check something off the list??

Post # 5
    750 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Miss Party Cat:  If you had that dress on your mind while trying on every other dress, you completely made the right decision. The only reason I would have waited was because your wedding is in 2015, and you could change your mind before then. Or you might not, and they might discontinue your dress. It’s a gamble, huh? 🙂

Now, on to the dress. The bottom is JUST ENOUGH ruffles… well for me. Some brides like a lot of ruffles, and I think the silhouette suits your figure beautifully. 🙂

Post # 7
    750 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Miss Party Cat:  Good! Don’t doubt your instincts! I’m glad you are getting that “newly engaged” feeling again. I think long engagements can be really hard in that respect, and now you’re on to the full planning phase, so good luck! Also, I really like the bodice… just noticing that. 🙂

Post # 8
    4041 posts
    Honey bee

@Miss Party Cat: Congrats, it’s beautiful!  Wow, 30 dresses is a lot to try on, but my guess is that by then you had a really good sense of what you liked and didn’t like. Your wedding is quite a ways out, so I would suggest not “looking” at other dresses so you don’t experience any dress regret.

I only tried on about 15 dresses and decided about 11 months out from my wedding. I had slight tinges of dress regret (because of all the amazing dresses I have seen on this site), but once I went in for my first alterations fitting, I fell in love with it again.

The topic ‘Bought my wedding dress yesterday! (Ella Bridals/Stella New York 5468)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors