(Closed) Bouquet Toss vs. Generations Dance

posted 12 years ago in Reception
  • poll: How are you handling the bouquet toss?
    Tradition is tradition... bouquet/gartet toss all the way : (14 votes)
    30 %
    How sweet... we're going with a generations dance : (16 votes)
    35 %
    I'm not doing anything at all for this : (12 votes)
    26 %
    Something else, which I'll explain below : (4 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 17
    1546 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I love the idea of both-

I’m definitely doing the garter/bouquet toss, and we’re already doing the anniversary dance, so I might as well get extra flowers to hand out!

Post # 18
    28 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I had never heard of the idea of a Generation dance until now, but it sounds awesome! My family loves the garter/bouquet toss (They think it is absolutely hilarious) so we might try to do both!

Post # 19
    1418 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

If you have lots of generations present, I think that would be fantastic! In our personal situation, we kind of have a huge generation gap…haha.  And the older people will not have their spouse in attendance, so it wouldn’t really work, but what a great idea if that fits in your reception!!  We are doing garter/bouquet…

Post # 20
    958 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

We’re either going to do an anniversary/generations dance or we’ll just make an announcement that the dance is in honor of FI’s grandparents, since they’ve been married 60+ years.  And then give them the toss bouquet.

Post # 21
    500 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010 - Carlouel Yacht Club

I think we’re planning on doing both the toss and the generation dance…I want it all! 😉

Post # 22
    187 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

WOW!!! I SOOOOOOOOOO wanna do this after reading this!! How amazing!! I love it!!!!

Post # 23
    188 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’m hoping to give my bouquet to a recently engaged couple (two of my friends are potentials if their boyfriends get it together!!) that way I’m still “passing it on to the next bride”but in a nice way that doesn’t involve public humiliation 🙂

Post # 24
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I have never heard of the generation dance.  I think that its very sweet & I am now considering having it @ my wedding.   

The topic ‘Bouquet Toss vs. Generations Dance’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors