Post # 1
I’m 40+4 weeks, last Thursday at my appointment my doctor did a quick ultra sound to make sure baby looked good and fluid levels were ok. We discovered that baby was breech, so doctor manually flipped him (ouch!). The rest of the day I felt a lot of pressure down low and that night I started getting contractions for the first time. I was laying with dd watching a movie at the time. I started timing them and they got to be 5 minutes apart and lasting about a minute each. this went on for a little over an hour, so I got up to walk around to see if they would continue. They stopped once I was walking around.
Friday baby was really active, and all the low pressure from before was gone, and everything just feels a bit different. I’m so worried that he flipped again. I’ve tried feeling around and sometimes I can feel a hard round spot up high, but I don’t know if it’s a head or a butt, sometimes the spot is on the side.
I told my mom about all this and she thinks I should call the doctor tomorrow and see if I can get in and have them make sure baby didn’t flip again. I never went through any of this with dd, she was breech too and I had a c-section with her since they couldn’t get her to flip, so all of this is new to me. I don’t like calling the doctor for minor things, so I want to get other opinions. Would you wait till Thursday (my next appointment) or see if I can get in tomorrow?
Post # 2
If I were you, I would trust your intuition and call the doctor. Since you are already over the due date it sounds like baby could come any day. It’s not a minor thing, checking the baby’s position could mean the difference between having a shot at a vaginal delivery or another C section. I’m assuming they might be able to try to turn him again if he went back to breech. And if he’s still head down, you would get some peace of mind. I had a breech baby too but we didn’t discover it until I was already in labor, so I had a C section. I wish I could have tried a vaginal delivery. Anyhow, I wish you all the best and how exciting that you’ll be meeting your little guy soon!
Post # 3
The question is, will it change anything if you go in early? If the doc would do something different if baby turned, then it may be worth it. I’d just call and tell the nurse you think baby may have flipped back breech and see if they want you to comein early.
Post # 4
If you can wiggle / move the hard bit, then it’s a head, bums don’t move! Checking for the spine could also give you an indication as to baby’s position.
I would definitely call in to at least discuss it with your OB as going into labour or having your waters break can be dangerous with a breech baby. Having said that, you could check out spinningbabies.com for suggestions to get baby in optimum position.
Post # 5
Check out spinning babies.com. Methods to turn a baby include a chiropractic adjustment and acupuncture. We discussed this in our Bradley class. Hope baby is head down!
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Have you tried any of the positions to encourage head down positioning? Or maybe seeing an acupuncturist for a moxa treatment to encourage head down positioning? If you think LO has gone back to breach, I would definitely call to go back in for another check. If your intiution is right, maybe try some of the lower intervention methods to see if they work. Baby may prefer gentle coaxing to physical manipulation.
Post # 7
I wouudn’t go in early because the only time it matters that the baby is when you’re labouring. If the the moves by physical manipulation it makes more sense to go in early if you have contractions
Post # 8
I called my doctor this morning and explained that I’m worried baby may have flipped again, since I am ‘over due’ they are having me come in today. Throughout the night I was having what I think are contractions (I hate not knowing for sure!) hopefully he’s just being sneaky and he’s still head down!
Post # 9
I’m glad you got ahold of your doctor. Hopefully you got good news! How did it go?