(Closed) Bridal Party & Seating Chart dilemma!

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

We’re doing what my venue calls a “tuscan table.” which is a long table with people sitting all around it like a dining room table rather than only sitting on one side. We’ll be right in the middle of the room, and you can fit enough people around it for us + bridal party + guests. 

Post # 4
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I think splitting the wedding party into two tables is just fine.  I have been a bridesmaid ten times so I’ve experienced a little bit of everything.  I really hate sitting at a head table and being put on display while I’m chewing my food!!!  The two [or more] tables for the wedding party works just fine and honestly, people are only sitting down to eat for a short time and then everybody is up and on their feet.  You are very kind to think about your wedding party though, and to not put them at a head table!!!  🙂 

Post # 5
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

you could push two (or three into a clover like shape) tables together and have them all sit there.

Post # 6
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We are having 4 of us at the head table… his Bridesmaid or Best Man, my Maid/Matron of Honor, and us. Then we will have two tables for our bridal party and their dates. Its the new thing!

Post # 7
837 posts
Busy bee

Just have your groomsmen and their dates at one table and your bridesmaids and their dates at the other table.  That way it’s still cohesive.  The general idea of a sweetheart table over a head table is so that your bridal party can actually sit with their guest so I really recommend not splitting them up.  Good luck!

Post # 8
224 posts
Helper bee

I seated the bridal party members with people they would sit with if they weren’t BMs or GMs.  I figure that by the time dinner rolls around, they have done their jobs, and should be allowed to party like any other guest!!! 

Post # 9
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Totally agree with ExLibris.

The members of our bridal party live all over the country, so while they are close with us, they are not necessarily close with each other. So we dispersed our bridal party throughout the venue. We simply sat them (and their dates) at tables with people whom we know they will be comfortable sitting with. The rule that the bridal party must sit together is an antiquated one. I’ve been to several weddings where this was done, and it worked out great.

Post # 10
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

“Just have your groomsmen and their dates at one table and your bridesmaids and their dates at the other table.  That way it’s still cohesive.  The general idea of a sweetheart table over a head table is so that your bridal party can actually sit with their guest so I really recommend not splitting them up.  Good luck!”

This is exactly what we did.

Post # 11
2186 posts
Buzzing bee

we are doing the same thing as ExLibris and Monkeygirl – we sat them with their dates at tables that made sense for them since they dont necessarily all know each other but know other guests. basically our bridal party is spread out all over the venue.

Post # 12
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Our bridal party was all over the place!! We had bridal party members at several different tables and some of them were grouped together with other Bridal Party members and some were not. We kind of used them as “anchors”. It worked REALLY well and all of them had a blast!

Post # 13
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

No matter what you do, you should seat them with their dates.

Other than that, I’ve been a Bridesmaid or Best Man where I sat at a table with people I would have sat with anyways, I’ve sat with other BMs and their dates, and I’ve sat without my SO before (and that was not cool for either of us).

Post # 14
1518 posts
Bumble bee

I would put them at two tables. I didn’t make a bridal party table since most of them had dates and family members there too. I sat people with their friends and family regardless if they are in the bridal party; however, i did make sure all the tables with a bridal party member sitting at it was near the front of the room 😉 

The topic ‘Bridal Party & Seating Chart dilemma!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors