Awww…this is such a cute, sweet post!!
You are going to be in for a treat. Of course I haven’t had one yet, but I have two slated before my wedding. I have been to a ton and have thrown a few myself. That is so sweet she is doing this for you! Here is what you can expect:
– She may or may not ask you a theme. A quick Google search can give you ideas. Themes range from a specific room in the house to “Honey Do” showers to “Stock the Bar” to a couples shower. I was even invited once to a “Honeymoon” shower where the gifts were for either their honeymoon or for date nights, etc. Showers can also be by color…perhaps your favorite.
– She will ask for a list of invitees and their addresses. Invite women who are close to you and Fiance like friends, family and close co-workers. If it’s a couples shower, you can invite mixed company. She will address and send the invites or email invite.
– You show up about 30 min before your actual shower begins. Most women like to wear something cute like a dress but honestly, depending on your style and the style of the shower, you can wear what feels comfortable for you. Since she is hosting this event for you, you will want to bring her or any other hosts of the shower, a nice gift. It can be a nice serving tray or platter, a nice serving bowl, linen guest towels or as my personal favorite…anything monogrammed. If you know a special hobby she likes, say cooking French food, a nice cookbook or something geared toward that is ok too.
– You will mingle, chat with other guests and there could be a few games or activities. Snacks or a meal will be served. Sometimes there is alcohol, sometimes there isn’t.
– She will then call everyone together and you get to open your presents. You open each one and show it to your guests.
– Thank everyone for coming and offer to help clean up. She will help get everything in your car.
I read you weren’t expecting this so you may not have registered. That’s ok…it’s not a must. But this would be a great time to do that if you choose too.
I just want to add we are having a very small Destination Wedding. This means at my two showers, most of the women I invite will not be at my wedding. Of course anyone has the option to choose to come or not, but on the invites my hosts are putting something to the effect of ” (Bride) will be married in (City). Let’s shower her before she goes!” Your host can say something similiar. This is totally tasteful as you are letting people know the situation and allowing them to come if they would like. You didn’t ask for the shower. It was offered.
Have a really great time! Enjoy it!