(Closed) Bridal Shower Invite Mom & Stepmom

posted 9 years ago in Family
Post # 3
2681 posts
Sugar bee

Since you have such a large group, I definitely think you can do the 2 showers and keep your mom and step mom separated.  Does your step mom understand why she wasnt invited to you SIL’s shower or does she think nothing is wrong?  I think your solution is a good one!

Post # 4
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Aw, I’m sorry you have to deal with this. I can understand why your mom wouldn’t want your stepmom there, but I can also see how she’d want to be included. I think your solution is great! Both your mom and stepmom can be involved and not have to deal with one another. And if anyone gives you any crap about it, just know that you did everything you could! 

Post # 5
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Ah, lame!

I like your 2 shower idea, but I’d think it would still cause some tension.

Do you think your mom could endure your stepmom for the shower?

I realize she doesn’t want to be around her – but it sounds like there has been some time since the divorce and maybe she’d be willing to suck it up for an afternoon.  It would definitely be worth having a conversation about…. 

Post # 6
2641 posts
Sugar bee

I think that keeping them separated is a good idea too.  And if by chance the plan doesn’t work, and you only have one shower, I have to say, Stepmom should understand not being invited.  Really, it sounds like your dad left your mom for your stepmom.  I think he’s being ridiculous if he thinks he should be able to force them to be together.  (Particualrly at such important moments in her children’s lives.)

The topic ‘Bridal Shower Invite Mom & Stepmom’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors