Post # 1
mmmkay…Just have a few questions about bridal showers. I’ve been to 1 in the past 15 years. (teeHeehee)
- How do you choose who (from your guest list) do you invite to the bridal shower?
- Future Mother-In-Law is throwing me a shower in her home (5 hours away) later in the year. Do I need to invite Future Mother-In-Law to the shower in my hometown? What about FH’s family who will all be invited to the shower later in the year?
- If I invited every woman from my guest list it would be about 50 people, that seems like a lot to me, is it?
Post # 3
You do not need to invite every woman on the wedding guest list, so don’t worry about that.
If there are multiple showers, the only overlap needs to be the bridal party, your immediate family, and FI’s immediate family (mothers and sisters).
Post # 4
i gave my guest list to my moh- i hightlighted who is family in blue who is friends in yellow and if there is room people not highlighted should be invited..
-ditto this: If there are multiple showers, the only overlap needs to be the bridal party, your immediate family, and FI’s immediate family (mothers and sisters).
Post # 5
I chose to invite my closest girlfriends (the ones who are invited to my bachelorette) along with any female family members from both sides, and any long-term significant others (wives, girlfriends, fiances) of the groomsman as a courtesy. I think I have 30 people with maybe 20-25 who will attend?
Post # 6
1) You dont have to invite everyone. Just those closest and those that you definately HAVE to invite 😉
2) Ask you Future Mother-In-Law outright if she would like an invite to your shower in your hometown. She might like the opportunity to meet more of your family.
3) 50 sounds like a lot to me as well
Post # 7
Ok ladies, I have it down to 47. I just feel like everyone I invited *has* to be there (i.e. was at my sister’s BS). It was less, but I needed to add Mr.TKE’s mom and sister (+her 2 daughters). However, from the ist I think about 37 will show up…Is this number any better? Again, this does NOT include any of Mr.TKE’s non-immediate family.
Post # 8
I only invited the females off the wedding list that i was close with! However, coming from a bride whose bm didnt think it was necessary to leave a rsvp contact phone number or email address on the shower invite my advice is to specify you would like that!
Post # 9
@bobsoon2bewife9887: OMG! That’s hilarious! On the invite to my sister’s baby shower I wrote the wrong date on all but 3 of them. That was fabulous? LOL, about the same I think!