(Closed) Bridal Shower/Bach Party: when your families are split across 1,000 miles??

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 4
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ll just share what I did and you can take it for what you will.  I think it worked out great!

Darling Husband and I live in TX, DH’s family lives in GA, my family lives in IN and my friends are scattered accross the country with no close friends in TX near me.

For my bachelorette party, I travelled to GA as it was the location that was closest to the largest number of my friends who were invited.  Basically, we minimized travel for the largest group of people.  Some other out-of-state friends couldn’t travel in but I didn’t think it was fair to ask everyone to travel to near me when that would require large amounts of travel from every single other person.

We had my shower the day before the wedding in IN (where the wedding was).  Since everyone was already in town, everyone from both sides of the family as well as all of my close friends were able to attend and no one had to travel more than once (since they had already travelled in for the wedding itself).  This was honestly by far the best possible scenario for my shower and it was so fun to relax and spend time with everyone before the craziness of the wedding day!

Post # 6
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Wannabe-diy-bride: I wasn’t the one who chose to have the shower the week of the wedding (as brides shouldn’t plan their own shower).  That was when my family decided to plan it so they obviously had no issues with the timing – it was their idea!

And if you have the shower farther away from the wedding, people will still be getting you two gifts PLUS they will be having to travel twice so they ultimately are spending more money.

Post # 7
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My fiance & I live in Chicago (as does most of my family).  His family lives in FL (the location of our wedding).  We didn’t invite his family to our shower.  I don’t think they are hosting one for us. 

The topic ‘Bridal Shower/Bach Party: when your families are split across 1,000 miles??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors