(Closed) Bride & Groom arriving late to their reception…

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

hmmm weird, thats not that nice!

Post # 4
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Aren’t drinks to be had at the reception? My sister took almost 1.5 hours or so between the ceremony and reception with pictures. By the time we finished with wedding party pictures, then they had their own husband and wife pictures, and then they showed up, the happy hour food was gone and people looked bored as hell. I will not be doing this for my wedding. We will get photos done before and maybe a few after the actual ceremony. Other than that we are off to the reception! I think it really helps if the ceremony and reception are either in the same location or very close in distance. The distance from her ceremony to reception was a good 20 minute drive too so that factored into the wait time. I agree though, not cool for the guests.

Post # 5
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve never heard of that happening! Time for photos I understand – can’t really be helped if the bride and groom don’t want to see each other before the cermony (what Fiance and I want, btw), but going to a BAR?!? That’s pretty inconsiderate. Go to a bar AFTER your wedding.

Post # 6
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

wow

Post # 7
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country

I’ve heard of the bride and groom showing up a little late to the reception because their picture taking session runs overtime a bit, but wow… 45 mins? That’s quite a long time! I wouldn’t want to be missing my party if I were the bride! 

Post # 8
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Seriously! You pay all this money to have a wedding and then decide to go to a bar instead of your wedding reception?

You couldn’t drag me away from my reception. As it stands I’m already upset I’ll be missing some if not all of the cocktail hour for pics. It will be all they can do to end the party and get me out of there at the end of the night!

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think that it is incredibly rude for people to do this. You get married and invite people that mean the most in the world to you, why on earth would you not want to spend that precious time with them? If you want to have time with the bridal party, an after party is a good idea.

Post # 10
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

yeah that would bother me. then again i get bothered when they say reception immediately following and i still have to wait, for them to do pictures especially if there isn’t any food to nibble on. either give me a time that the reception will start so i can grab a snack or offer something so people aren’t grumbling about the wait

Post # 11
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018 - The Grand Old House, Grand Cayman

It would bother me too.  You can’t blame the bride and groom for wanting to take pictures, but they should do whatever they can to make sure that guests won’t be bored (diversions, entertainment, and plenty of food and drinks!).  But going to a bar in between is pretty inconsiderate.

Post # 12
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Really? We might take some pictures during the cocktail hour (so guests will get food and drinks while they wait and can mingle with each other), but to actually bail and go to a bar? That’s weird.

Post # 13
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

i want to spend as much time as possible with the guests since about 80% are coming from out of town. i want to be there, since they are coming to see me (and the hubby) as the main event.  

Post # 14
2433 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree with the general consensus here that it was pretty inconsiderate. Why couldn’t they show up at their own reception to drink? lol

The topic ‘Bride & Groom arriving late to their reception…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors