(Closed) Bride is livid she only received 300 photos. Help!!

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: What should I do?

Give her all (1800) un-edited photos and risk having your name on poor quality photos.

Edit more photos, even if you don't feel they're professional quality.

Other?

• Post # 122
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
    @kellyk1214:  that’s not really a fair way to look at it. Some may be unusable due to technical imperfections…some may be unusable because the subject blinked…some may be not worth sharing bc they are duplicates…etc, etc. The OP’s stats are (almost) consistent with my (professional, experienced) numbers. in 3 hrs I probably would have delivered 150 photos max TOTAL and have taken more like 100-150/hr. Esp for key moments, there are likely lots of duplicates; same for family pictures. 

example: say OP took 8 pictures of the kiss. 7 of them are zoomed out and indistinguishable from one another. One of them is zoomed in a bit. Why would she give the client any more than 2 kiss pictures? 

Post # 123
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

my dads a retired wedding photographer and he said 300-400 is the norm for one shooter with at least 8 hours of shoot time, he says if you have your photographer for longer than 8 hours you would get some more. 2 shooters you would get a little more as well.

give her everything but after the check has cleared

our photographer will edit all photos and give to us

Post # 124
    863 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

At $250, she can kick rocks. There is no contract, so you are under no obligation to deliver bad shots. Maybe call your friend to salvage your relationship and tell her what is typically provided for $250 from a professional, and then go over what she got. 

Post # 126
    1124 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@OnceUponATime:  can you send her the unedited photos too?  sounds like that is what she wants.  

Post # 127
    1570 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Why is she complaining 300 photos is what to expect…you are supposed to expect 70 – 100 pictures per hour IF THAT. Our photographer said that I should expect around 80 per hour and she is with us for 9 hours. I am excited.

Post # 128
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@OnceUponATime:  If I were you I would NOT give her your other pictures.  You did exactly as you should and she is getting an amazing deal.  I think it’s crazy she feels she’s in a position to complain!  I wouldn’t want my name attached to unedited, out of focus photos, especially if I was trying to establish myself in the wedding business.

Post # 129
    3751 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Stand your ground. If you want to be a professional photographer, this is the type of crap you have to deal with. Next time you’ll have a contract with this clearly stated, just one of the lessons learned when starting your own business. But don’t give her all of the images. I have a feeling that trying to get a check made out to you, or cash is not going to happen at this point considering she’s not getting what she wants. You can get your business setup formally and open an account to deposit the check you do have but who knows if she’s already put a stop payment on it. She’s being a bridezilla. You pay $250 for a wedding photographer, you get what you pay for. I think 300 images is more than enough for that much money. For what it’s worth, I don’t care how new you are at this field, shooting a wedding is hard work and long hours, you should charge MORE for 300 edited photos!!

Post # 130
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Perhaps as a compromise, you can edit and give her any remaining photos that you would be comfortable having your name on – so these would be duplicates and similar shots. Don’t give her ones that are poorly lit, out of focus or have other technical issues. If you’re serious about making a career as a photographer, you don’t want those floating around out there, giving you a bad reputation.

For reference, we just had a mini-wedding (to get the legal stuff done before our destination wedding) and engaged a photographer for 2 hours (four locations – hotel, wedding registry, bridal portraits in the gardens and a visit to my grandfather). She returned to us just under 300 photos – which I was really pleased with, given the short time span.

The topic ‘Bride is livid she only received 300 photos. Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors