Post # 1
This is my second wedding (first religious) and my fiancee’s first. My oldest daughter is from my first marriage and is 6 years old, my youngest is my fiancée’s and I, and is 18 months old.
My dad has passed away and I don’t have any male relatives that are close enough to fit the role of walking me down the isle, my mom doesn’t feel comfortable escorting me. So, I am considering these two options:
1) Walking down with my two kids. Me on the left, left hand holding my bouquet and right hand to daughter and she will hold my son on her other hand. I thought this would be better than me being in the middle of both as I would be a me to hold my bouquet and won’t have to slouch down to reach my toddler boys hand.
2) Have my 2 kids walk in front of me holding hands and carrying the rings. Me walk alone and have fiancée meet me somewhere half way down the aisle and walk together to the altar.
I would really appreciate some opinions please 🙂
Post # 3
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
@vale007: I walked my mom down the aisle for her second marriage when I was 16. She wanted everyone to know that I approved of the marriage to my stepdad.
Post # 4
My father passed away 6 years ago so I had my children walk me down the aisle they were 11 and 8!
Post # 5
i will have my 12 year old son walk me down. i think its cute and sentimental and make them feel apart of it all
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2020 - establishment theatre
both my boys walked me down the aisle and their ages were 3 and 4 and they did a wondeful job!
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2013 - Manor over a fall
I walked with my grand-daughter. I was suppsed to walk alone and she was supposed to walk in front of me, but when she saw me she was so happy took my hand and never let go. My daughter try to let her go and she would not so i said don’t worry will walk together. grand-daughter was hapy and i was happy 🙂
Post # 7
I don’t know how suceesful you’ll be in having an 18 month old walk down the aisle. You might have to carry.