(Closed) Brides & Brides to be need your opinion on bridesmaids attire.

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I love all of your dresses, especially the Maid/Matron of Honor dress. I like that they are different dresses, yet somewhat the same. I don’t think they all need to be wearing the same jewelry, but that’s totally up to you. A lot of people choose to get them their jewelry as their gift and it’s all matching, or you could let each of them pick out their own jewelry since they all have such different styles. Try not to stress about it too much!

Post # 5
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Have you seen them in the stores yet?  They’re all cute dresses but the 2nd one is a much different material than the other 2 – it may not look so uniform in photos, especially in the champagne color.

I love them all – I wish I had a reason like a nice rehearsal dinner or brunch on the wedding weekend to get the 2nd one for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

The dresses look great and have similar necklines. I personally went the route of letting each girl use her own style for shoes and jewelry, but you could buy them a necklace or something if you really want the uniform look. Otherwise, you could just tell them a color of shoe you’d like them to have.

Post # 7
849 posts
Busy bee

They all look cohesive enough already that you don’t have to have matching shoes and jewelry, just similar enough

Post # 8
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Those dresses in champagne? So beautiful! Great choice! I love dress style 1, and it has pockets! : ) I’m sure that if you just ask your ladies to wear the same color/around the same heel size shoe, it will look just fine.

Post # 9
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I love all the dress choices!  If you want them to have something that ties them together go with jewelry and shoes!  Pick a shoe and make that the standard shoe.  The give them a pair of earrings or a bracelet or a necklace as one of their gifts!

Post # 10
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Those are all great dresses!  I would have them all wear the same color of shoes, and the same color of jewelry – they don’t have to be exactly the same.

Post # 11
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

mine will have all matching jewelry but they can choose their own silver shoes. I figure each girl has differences in what makes shoes comfortable. 

Post # 13
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Your Maid/Matron of Honor dress is what all my BMs are wearing! ๐Ÿ™‚  and I LOVE it!  I am a fan of the ‘naked neckline’ look so I asked them to not wear necklaces, but that’s a completely personal choice.

Also, I did have all of them buy matching shoes.  Maybe I’m picky there too, but everytime I see wedding pictures with short bridesmaid dresses, I always notice when the shoes don’t match.  But to be a good sport, I ordered the same shoes as them, except theirs are all in back and mine in hot pink.

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee

@Karenxguzman: Hmm.  My BMs all ordered at different times.  My Future Sister-In-Law was first and it took hers about two months to come in.  The second round got theirs in two WEEKS!  My late Bridesmaid or Best Man ordered hers and it took about 4 weeks to come in.  And every time they told me it would be 3 months.  I think they say it to be safe, so you could go ahead and order it.  Maybe talk to the manager and ask for her honest answer?

As for shoes, I was in the same boat.  My sis is 4’11” and my tallest Bridesmaid or Best Man is 5’9″.  The shoes we all went with were about 3″ and I love them too.  One is changing into flats for the reception, which is fine with me.  At least they’ll all match for the pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee

@Karenxguzman: Hmm.  My BMs all ordered at different times.  My Future Sister-In-Law was first and it took hers about two months to come in.  The second round got theirs in two WEEKS!  My late Bridesmaid or Best Man ordered hers and it took about 4 weeks to come in.  And every time they told me it would be 3 months.  I think they say it to be safe, so you could go ahead and order it.  Maybe talk to the manager and ask for her honest answer?

As for shoes, I was in the same boat.  My sis is 4’11” and my tallest Bridesmaid or Best Man is 5’9″.  The shoes we all went with were about 3″ and I love them too.  One is changing into flats for the reception, which is fine with me.  At least they’ll all match for the pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚  ….. and we went with wedges because it’s an outdoor wedding.

The topic ‘Brides & Brides to be need your opinion on bridesmaids attire.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors