• poll: When did you get engaged?

December 2015

January 2015

coming soon!

other

• Post # 2
    24 posts
    Newbee

No proposal here, just living vicariously and loving it! Your ring is absolute stunning! Is it a Tacori! Also! Disney!!!!! Is there anything better?? I used to work for them, I was at Disney World though. Congratulations again! I hope everyday is just as magical as the last! ๐Ÿ’–

Post # 3
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

I don’t have any photographs. However –

We were staying in on NYE to look after my dog as he is scared of fireworks. We had made home made pizzas together for dinner and were chilling in our pjs watching TV. Fiance said “jingle jingle” (NB – this means he has put chocolate in my advent calendar, which was still up on the fireplace). I got up, thinking it was a chocolate bar I had discovered hidden the day before. I asked him where he had put it and he said “you’ll just have to look”. I started looking through the drawers at number 1, and when I got to number 13 (the date of our anniversary) I just caught sight of the edge of my ring and gasped – he was on the floor in front of me and asked if I would marry him. I basically started hyperventilating because I was in complete shock, and was crying and laughing. He jumped up to hug me (and I eventuially remembered to say yes!). He had completely taken me by surprise, especially as I was in pjs with my hair in a mess and no make up. Our dog was very confused and was jumping around everywhere. I got so excited when I actually looked at my ring I put it straight on my own finger (and it was a perfect fit) and carried on crying. Turns out, Fiance had set his laptop to record the whole thing, I still cry when I watch it back now because I’m so happy, and it was nice to share the video with our families too!

Post # 4
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
    Mrs.ZarinaN:  ps – your ring & story is so lovely!

Post # 5
    766 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

I’m a late September proposal but I still consider that recent! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t have photos of the actual proposal; the proposal went a little too quickly for Future Sister-In-Law to capture. I do have reaction shots, though.

Fiance proposed to me on the playground in our subdivision. His sister and his 2 year old nephew had come over, and we took his nephew to play. I was coming down the slide when Fiance stopped me at the bottom and proposed.

Engagement2

Engagement3

Engagement1

Engagement4

Post # 6
    1758 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
    veganbee2017:  best.proposal.ever. That is so clever!! and I love that you were in your jammies. Well done Mr veganbee2017! 

Post # 11
    21 posts
    Newbee

November counts too right? ๐Ÿ™‚

We went to Rome for my 21st birthday present 5 years ago, and we’ve always wanted to go back. My other half was bugging me for ages about going but I was stubborn and said no as we were saving money – or supposed to be! we’d just bought our first house! So when he comes out with “but i can get it for just under £1000” i was like JUST 1k?! I can get it cheaper, so I did! We went the same week as before so we were there for my birthday.

All through the run up i was hoping he’d propose – but he always put alll his money in our joint account so I never thought he’d manage to save money for a ring. He wasn’t clever enough to save bits off to surprise me with Rome – he had to tell me. And all the few months before he’d been saying he’d do it when he can afford a ring that’s worth me and how he didn’t want to rush it – we’d been together 8 years! No rush! lol I was quite down about it but gave up eventually. Just decided to enjoy our holiday even if it meant no proposal. 

The day before my birthday I found out the Trevi fountain was being turned on again for the first time in 16 months of restoration. We managed to get a spot where we could look – it was this busy:

12232804_10153041587531899_6460497859228393156_o

He was behind me, gave me a cuddle then moved away. Then he starts saying he loves me and that I’m his like and his world, and then a ring appears and he goes “will you marry me?” no getting down on one knee but i forgive him with it that busy! I was so excited I grabbed the ring and put it on to see if it fit! Thats my only wish that I let him put it on but can’t beat excitement! He’d been saving up for a whole year secretly to get me the ring and had asked my dad in secret also!

12191275_10153026795286899_3829899332166693571_o

Major long post I do apologise! I just get so excited talking about it, it still amazes me he managed to pull it off! He didn’t plan on proposing at trevi fountain he was thinking about doing it at Pompeii on my birthday but this was way more romantic, and because he didn’t get down on one knee it was in public but still felt like our private moment

Post # 14
    21 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    Mrs.ZarinaN:  I think I might have lost him in the crowd if he’d gone down on one knee! Haha he did it later on at the hotel so he did it at least once properly ๐Ÿ˜› My friend will be so jealous about your engagement – she’s dying to be proposed to at Disneyland!

The topic ‘Brides Recently Engaged, Share Proposal Story! My proposal PIC HEAVY’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors