coming soon! : (18 votes)
    37 %
    other : (15 votes)
    31 %
  • Post # 16
    21 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    Mrs.ZarinaN:  I totally want to go to Euro Disney for my hen do – hoping to make it work!

Post # 18
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
    thumperbear:Β  thank you ☺ he did very well I didn’t suspect at all!

Post # 19
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I just really like weddings and proposals. I am an already married bee but everything from the proposal to the wedding was perfect. My husband proposed to me August 23, 2014. He took me to one of my favorite places, the zoo, with his sister and brother-in-law and niece and nephew in tow. Little did I know that my mom, grandma, his mom, his dad, and his brother were all there hiding until the perfect time. When I came out of a cafe after using the restroom I saw all of them there and my husband down on one knee. I couldn’t quit crying, I was so happy. We got married this past October and married life has been wonderful. Congratulations to you and your fiance. Your ring is beautiful and the proposal is magical!

Post # 21
    426 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2016 - Temescal Lake House

Your proposal is a DREAM! And your ring in gorgeous! Congratulations!!! 

Post # 22
    423 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

First of all Congratulations!  What an amazing engagement story. I hope you enjoy planning for your big day!!

And because you asked and I love telling my engagement story here is the short story.

We had planned a quite uneventful New Years Eve and we’re just going to the movies then heading home. So when he didn’t head home after the movie I was a little surprised. He rented a suite in the nicest hotel in our small town. When we walked in he had already set up flowers, my favorite cupcakes and something special from Victoria Sectet. I was so surprised and thought it was just so sweet.  I never imagined there was anything coming. The suit had a balcony and we always let off fireworks at midnight. So when the time came as the clock counted down I was ready to light my Roman candle. The moment the clock struck midnight I lite it and watched it go off. When I turned to look at him he had dropped to his knee and I was so floored. He told me he didn’t want to spend another year without me as his wife and asked me to be his. In his hand was a ring pop! lmao. Which to some I have told was tacky but could not have been more perfect. He wanted me to have the exact ring I wanted and since he knows how particular I am he could never pick it for me. It was magical and could not have been more perfect. 

We have since ordered my ring and decided on an elopement/solo destination wedding in September. So on September 15th the day after our 3 year anniversary I will be his wife and he won’t have to spend another year without me as his. 

Post # 23
    233 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

The best part of our engagement is that it was a total surprise and a pretty random day! The light up box helped as well πŸ˜‰

We had a terrible year with a cancer diagnosis, thank the good lord the chemo worked and he was just cleared the week before Christmas. After his last chemo treatment his close friends invited us to stay with them in their time share in Mexico.  We had been saving for a house, but life had been put on hold a bit.  We figured he deserved a quick getaway, and we only needed plane tickets and some spending cash so we cashed in our change jar and packed.

Aparently the ring was in his shoe, that I tossed into the closet when I unpacked….He thought for sure I spotted it.  

The second night we were there we had the opportunity to release baby sea turtles into the ocean.  After I released the last one in our bucket I turned around to see him on his knee!!! I was blown away and in complete shock!! Best trip ever! 

Post # 24
    2918 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    Mrs.ZarinaN:  Aw I’ve always wanted a Disney proposal! How absolutely precious. You two look so happy! Congrats to you both πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ 

Post # 25
    2918 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    bcaudle10315:  Are you by any chance in St. Louis? It looks like the Zoo here or the Boathouse in Forest Park πŸ™‚ 

Post # 26
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
    sarathemermaid:  Yes, it is the St. Louis Zoo! It’s one of my favorite places, along with the city garden downtown  We are from central Illinois but about an hour and half from St. Louis. 

Post # 27
    1446 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

Awwwww congrats bee! I love your story!! Getting engaged at Disney is the dream! I love all of your pictures!

My Fiance proposed to me last November. We had an amazing day together, and then he took me for a walk on the beach once it was dark. All of the sudden he led me into the sand and we stood in the middle of a circle, and then he got out a lighter and turns out we were in the middle of a bunch of sparklers! Then he looks at me and starts saying all these amazing things and then asks me to marry him :). Once I said yes, he brought me a few feet to the left and he’s got a hammock set up, with blankets, surrounded by candles. He pulls out champagne and some food and we had a picnic! It was pitch black so we don’t have any photos but that’s ok. I’m jealous that you have photos though! I’d love to see what my reaction was haha!

I wish I could relive it haha, I always tell Fiance “You need to propose again! I’m sad it’s over!” Haha

Post # 28
    2918 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    bcaudle10315:  Aw that’s awesome! The zoo is so pretty πŸ™‚ I’m glad you had such a beautiful location for your proposal. That’s so special πŸ™‚

Post # 29
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
    Mrs.ZarinaN:  No story here, I’ve been married almost 2 years just wanted to stop by to say congrats! That is an absoultely gorgeous ring!

Post # 30
    1529 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    bcaudle10315:  I was going to ask the same thing as PP, I thought it looked like the StL zoo. I’m from Central IL as well and love that zoo (and the rest of St Louis) πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Brides Recently Engaged, Share Proposal Story! My proposal PIC HEAVY’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors