no, not for me : (376 votes)
    91 %
    not sure : (20 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 32
    2299 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I personally don’t like tiaras on brides UNLESS they are an actual princess. I wanted to feel like a princess on my wedding day, but not THAT literal…

Post # 34
    491 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m not wearing anything but my veil.  However, every single time I went to try on dresses the shop assistant put a tiara on my head. I don’t know what it was, but it was annoying! lol

Post # 35
    1221 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Absolutely not. My bff wore one @ her wedding & it was pretty on her…but I don’t think I could pull it off w/out looking like I was 9

Post # 36
    3315 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I wore one mostly because I have thin, fine hair, and was concerned about a veil held only by bobby pins coming out.  The veil got sewed to the tiara for stability.

Post # 37
    7774 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

No way! I’m rocking a sweet flower.

Post # 38
    1221 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @2dBride:I think that’s a little different because you wore it more like a headband towards the back of your head. (Gorgeous roses, btw)

Post # 39
    1726 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Ditto @ LittlestBirds. I think the majority of brides today consider a tiara to be either out of fashion or culturally inappropriate for them. I’ve seen some brides pull it off, but haven’t seen one whatsoever in the last 5 or 6 years I wanna say. But to whoever wants to rock a tiara, more power to you! Definitely not for me.

Post # 40
    431 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I think the tiara has gone the way of the Giant Panda -nearly extinct.  The new trend is definitely headbands/hair flowers.  I think tiaras were more popular in the ’90s and the earlier part of this decade.

Post # 41
    3315 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
    @CaraMia10:  Thanks!  We had arm bouquets, which are a little unusual.  However, when we walked up and then down the aisle together, mine was on my right arm and my wife’s was on her left, so all the guests on both sides got to see them.

And yes, the tiaras were worn in such a way as to make them mostly inconspicuous.  We wanted them for stability more than looks.

Post # 42
    968 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Definitely not my cup of tea, but I have seen at least two tiaras make appeareances at weddings within the past year.

Post # 43
    3538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I had a simple flower.. I couldve had the tiara or a veil but that totally isnt me. I think simplicity is the key these days!

Post # 44
    1020 posts
    Bumble bee

i won’t be wearing a tiara. i love it on my 5 year old niece but hate the look on me.

Post # 45
    200 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

I wore one at our wedding.  I didn’t vote because I don’t neccessarily “love tiaras” but I did like mine & thought it finished the look I was going for. I did however hate referring to it as “my tiara”. 🙂

Although I wore it like a headband and it wasn’t crown shaped, it was indeed a tiara… at least that’s how it was labeled on the packaging.  I do think that in many cases, they can be worn without looking pagenty or prom-princesslike but others may disagree.

Post # 46
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

I think the tiara’s look really good on some ladies. I don’t think they suit my personality (my hair is going to be fairly low key for the wedding), but applaud those who like them.  It probaly also depends on the level of formality and the tone you want to set for the day.

The topic ‘Brides who DIDNT/WONT wear tiaras’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors