(Closed) brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 19
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@zippylef: I am not a ball gown girl at all but this dress looks amazing on you! Did it have pockets?

Post # 20
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I started my wedding dress search thinking that I wanted an all-over lace, fitted gown. I tried on a nice dress that I thought fit the look I wanted, and it was on super-duper sale, so I felt like I couldn’t pass it up. But I showed it to my Fiance, and he wasn’t crazy about it…and neither was I, deep down.

So, I resumed the search, and this time, I went in the complete opposite direction: full skirt, no lace. I fell head over heels in love with a Jim Hjelm Blush dress! I’m so excited and can’t wait to wear it!

Post # 21
4437 posts
Honey bee

@meliss: Thats what I was afraid of. Plus, the corset in the dress hit me in a really weird spot and… just ick.

View original reply
@Mrs. Beans: Thanks! Yes, it sure did have pockets.

Post # 22
936 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My big issues were that I didn’t spend enough time looking and I didn’t LOVE anything (that I could afford or that my fiance would like).  Lots of pretty dresses but nothing that made me want to part with my hard earned cash.

Dress #1 – I really wanted to pick something while my mother was in town.  Nice dress, great price.  However, I began to feel like it was too plain–I had really wanted lace.  Also I hated the bow on the back and there was no way to remove it.

Dress #2 – I was able to exchange #1 for this.  More of what I was looking for, but I didn’t love the quality. I still like this dress a lot but I am a big fan of lace.  By The Way, it is for sale!

Dress #3 – I found this Anne Barge at an unbelievable price.  I did not want a ballgown and it doesn’t have a speck of lace but the quality is phenomenal.  It was a little small, but I had wanted to lose weight anyway and this was an excellent motivator.

Everybody thought I was crazy with my 3 dresses but agreed that #3 was it!

[attachment=1693904,209888] [attachment=1693904,209889] [attachment=1693904,209890]

Post # 24
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@tarheelgrad98: wow, I LOVE that Jim Hjelm dress, especially on you!  It looks stunning.

Post # 25
135 posts
Blushing bee

@tarheelgrad98:Wow great choice in your 2nd dress, I LOVE that Blush by JLM dress on you. To be honest in the first one you seemed like a more mature birde and in the 2nd one you look radiant!

Post # 26
130 posts
Blushing bee

@zippylef: I love that! Pockets are a plus. hahah

Post # 27
Hostess
7103 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@tarheelgrad98: Was only thinking earlier hadn’t seen you on here for a while and again that dress is gorgeous on you.

View original reply
@meliss: Was hoping to see you in that lace dress. I go *Ah* every time.

Post # 28
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Yep, I’m an indecisive bride to the core! I have two dresses, two pairs of shoes, two veils, you name it and I have two. Here’s my first dress (my sister is modeling it). I bought it as a sample. It’s the Melissa Sweet Jillian. (Still for sale btw!).

I changed my the venue (do you see a recurring theme here?) and therefore wanted to change my dress. I went from a beach wedding (1st dress) to a Chicago winter wedding (2nd dress). Lace just seemed so much more appropriate for the venue and season, plus my mom loved the lace Enzoani (that was the deal clincher).  

[attachment=1695609,210062] [attachment=1695609,210063]

Post # 29
1384 posts
Bumble bee

You know, I have to admit, I LOVE everyone’s second or even third choices. They are all so different from the first ones, and yet so perfect. Great Posts!

Post # 30
Hostess
7103 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@tdizzle: Definetly the Enzoani – you were right to listen to your doubts. It’s gorgeous 😉

Post # 31
318 posts
Helper bee

Ok I’m not sure I would call mine dress regret because I absolutely LOVED my first dress but I ended up returning it.  Its very me – simple, comfortable, classic but my family got me thinking about how it looks like an everyday dress I would wear but longer and if I was ever going to really go glamerous my wedding day should be the day.  So I went with something with a bit more of a wow factor.  Lucky me, they make the first dress in a short verision which I bought and will wear to the rehearsal so its still a part of the wedding.  (Dresses in order)  Sort of curious to see others thoughts on my dress change

[attachment=1696052,210092] [attachment=1696052,210093]

The topic ‘brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors