(Closed) brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 33
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I had only looked at David’s Bridal when I put the first dress on lay away..

This dress I had actually just left DB after paying more on the other dress & left to go to some boutique’s and look at Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.. I of course had to look at a few of the wedding dresses & fell in love with this one.. Its not a very good picture though.. I had originally planned on getting married in Savannah so I wanted this type of dress.. Now that isn’t happening & I’m not 100% sure that my current dress goes with the new venue..

Post # 34
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am still trying to sell the first one. lol. I don’t have pics of the dresses on me, but here they are. Dress one is Alfred Angelo 2101. Dress to is Allure 8755

[attachment=1696570,210148] [attachment=1696570,210149] [attachment=1696570,210150]

Post # 35
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

When I started shopping for dresses, I was overwhelmed with everything about the engagement. I was thinking themes, vintage 20’s speakeasy, like going crazy.I wasn’t really browsing the dress forums yet, just trying to figure out who the designers even were. The knot told me that because of my size I should go with a sheath dress (I’m only 4’11” which apparently excludes me from wearing whatever the hell I want)

I saw the Gatsby dress online and I decided it was mine, and called around until I found a shop that had it. I went and tried it on, decided I liked it and bought it. When I went home and looked at the pictures, I was… underwhelmed. I start second guessing the color right away. I didn’t think it was flattering and I didn’t feel like it was me, I was trying to fit into some mold I’d made up. For three months I lost sleep and tried to find the perfect accessories to make it me. A month before it came in, I went back to try it on and make myself feel better. It didn’t work. I called my mom and told her my dilemma, that I felt horrible about being “that girl” but I just couldn’t wear this dress, I didn’t like it at all. She was totally supportive and told me to go try on some more.

Almost immediately I found the Rhianna Royale. But I knew i made this mistake last time, and so I waited on it. After a week I went back to try it on. I still loved it, but I couldn’t find it in Ivory instead of Light Gold and was freaked that it wouldn’t look the same. I finally found a girl who was selling it in white and she let me try it on. It was love at first site, but I still went home to think about it. I showed my mom pictures and she loved it even more in the white color. So I went for it. She just came in two weeks ago and I’m still in love with her so I am so glad I went through all that racket because she was worth it.

Post # 36
265 posts
Helper bee

@socalmeli:

View original reply
@j.andrews.bridal:

@Prewitt:

Thanks so much for the compliments! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so, so happy with my Jim Hjelm dress. It’s very “me.”

I do think the first dress makes me look older…but I was (needlessly) afraid before I tried on the Jim Hjlem that if I went with a fuller skirt, I’d look like I was an older bride trying to look young. ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@CatyLady: Yeah, I’ve been crazy busy getting my Fiance moved in, starting to work full-time again, remodeling our house, plus the usual mom-duties that I have…whew. I’ve missed being on the Bee!

Post # 37
77 posts
Worker bee

After months of trying on dresses..at a priscilla of boston sample sale I bought my first dress. Looking back now it was all about price, I was so excited to get a nearly 5 thousand dollar dress for so I cheap, I totally settled for a dress that just wasnt the one. Luckily I was able to sell it to get the dress of my dreams. The dress that I will be wearing (2nd picture) is Private Lable by G ๐Ÿ™‚

[attachment=1698161,210313] [attachment=1698161,210314]

Post # 39
2042 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@CatyLady: Aw, thank you so much! I’m glad someone else likes it too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 40
135 posts
Blushing bee

@Snowy414: In the first dress you look pretty & thin but in the 2nd dress you really have a great little figure that would have gone unnoticed had you not changed it up. Good call, the 2nd dress still looks like “you” in the fact that is simply elegant and not over done.

Post # 41
103 posts
Blushing bee

I felt rushed by family and friends to “just pick one” and I went druing a maggie trunk show so I had the added pressure of getting a discount. I placed my order and pretty much the very next day I knew it wasn’t a smart move. I bit my tongue and waited the 4 months for the gown to come in.When I got the call that it was in I was sick… litterally nausious because I just knew in my heart it wasn’t my gown and sure enough it was not. It was gorgeous but I didn’t love it. I looked at myself and thought it’s beautiful gown BUT. thats were I stopped myself: I shouldn’t say “but” in regards to my wedding gown. I came right home and listed the gown on every preowend site I could find but decided not to wait until I sold the gown to start looking again.When I went back out to search for gowns I went alone (something I can’t reccomend enough!) I had time to spend looking at myself in the gowns and making a decison for myself before someone would say “too fluffy” “too clingy” “not a big enough train” etc. I found a dress that litterally made me swoon when I put it on and in that moment I knew that it really didn’t matter if I sold the other gown or not: this was my wedding dress!

Here is my “beautiful but not me” gown

( I don't love my dress :  wedding Margotsmall

And my “perfect/swoon/dream come true” gown!

Post # 42
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

This is a great thread! Excellent choices, ladies…excellent. BUT now you all have me thinking that I need to find another dress even though I love mine!! Haha, dang it.

Post # 43
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@dynamic_duo: OMG!! Great decision!! The second dress is WAY better!! Great choice!!!

Post # 44
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@dynamic_duo: OMG!! Great decision!! The second dress is WAY better!! Great choice!!!

View original reply
@zippylef:

Post # 46
7086 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Dress #1 I bought at a local bridal sample store for $100.  It is an Essence of Australia and is really pretty in person, but it was kind of me, but not really.

Dress #2 I order a few weeks ago, but I really picked it out a few months ago.  I walked into DB looking for a Maid/Matron of Honor dress.  The manager was just unpacking the dresses and hanging them up.  The second I saw it, I knew it was “the” dress.  I practically ripped it out of her hand and was walking back to the dressing room before she even had a chance to speak (she knows me).

[attachment=1706033,210909] [attachment=1706033,210910]

The topic ‘brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors