(Closed) brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think this is why I have a fear of not seettling or picking the “ONE”!!! I am still dress less with only 5 months till my wedding date, Good thing there is a trunk show this weekend at a local bridal shop, if I don;t finda anything there I will make my decision on all the dresses that were top runners!

Post # 50
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I am really happy I am not the only one this happened to.  I felt really bad about buying not 2 but 3 dresses! I just bought the last (and final) dress this weekend and KNOW it is absolutely the one! The first 2 dresses I bought I bought at a Filene’s Basement Running of the Brides sale.  It was my first time ever looking for dresses, the dresses were cheap, and I got excited, very excited.  I found two that I thought looked good and figured I’d definitely wear one and sell the other.  Selling either of the dresses has proved very difficult and I still have both of them.  (Let me know if anyone would like to purchase one! 🙂 )  I definitely learned that its better to take your time, try on LOTS of dresses, and don’t focus so much on getting a great deal.  

Post # 50
34 posts
Newbee

I am really happy I am not the only one this happened to.  I felt really bad about buying not 2 but 3 dresses! I just bought the last (and final) dress this weekend and KNOW it is absolutely the one! The first 2 dresses I bought I bought at a Filene’s Basement Running of the Brides sale.  It was my first time ever looking for dresses, the dresses were cheap, and I got excited, very excited.  I found two that I thought looked good and figured I’d definitely wear one and sell the other.  Selling either of the dresses has proved very difficult and I still have both of them.  (Let me know if anyone would like to purchase one! 🙂 )  I definitely learned that its better to take your time, try on LOTS of dresses, and don’t focus so much on getting a great deal.  

Post # 52
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Love this thread! In every case so far I agree with peoples second (or third!) dress choices you all look fantastic 🙂

Post # 53
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@dynamic_duo: 

Here are my dresses! 

Here is my 3rd choice (for sale! If anyone is interested)

Here is my 2nd choice (Also, for sale! If anyone is interested) 

Here is my dress that I will be wearing for my wedding! 

Post # 55
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@dynamic_duo:  Thank you! Yea, they are all beautiful.  The first one has a funky back which is why I ended up deciding I couldn’t wear it.  But, the front really is very nice.  

Post # 56
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

my first dress was vintage looking, and i loved it online, because it fit right in with our feel for the wedding. however, i got it and could not stand it on me. I thought it’d be good for a very vintage champagne red and chocolate brown winter night time wedding but it just wasn’t right. can’t you tell by the look on my face? lol here it is:

we ended up moving the wedding from DEC to SEPT so i sent this dress back to nordstom (photos on the site were a bit misleading) and went dress shopping with my mom and picked this one, and it’s perfect!

The topic ‘brides who had dress regret, sold it & bought a new one – let’s see both!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors