- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2017
I did my own flowers for the first wedding, my experience was:
1) I liked the amount of control, but did not like staying up until 1:00am the day of the wedding to finish the bridesmaids bouquets by myself because my Maid/Matron of Honor fell asleep. We wanted them fresh plus we used hydrangeas, which wilt very easily.
2) The hydrangeas I ordered arrived wilted beyond repair. Thank goodness my parents had a fully flowering bush that made the ultimate sacrifice for the bouquets. #sorrynotsorry
3) I had a florist do my bouquet and the ceremony site, and cake flowers. And….she forgot the cake flowers so one of the bridesmaids bouquets got sacrificied at the reception to decorate the cake.
4) We had to babysit all the bouquets all day and bring vases/buckets with us to brunch and had to ask the restaurant for ice to keep the hydrangeas from wilting prior to transport to the ceremony. That was a pain….
5) Taking my maids to the reception to cut tulips and put them in the round glass centerpieces wasn’t hard, but I would have rather spent the morning relaxing.
So this time around I am leaving it all to the professional and going to relax, sip mimosas, and let others handle it all.