(Closed) Brides with 200 guests…What is your cake running you?

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

we had 170 guests and our cake was about 1500! No, it was nothing special either…long story short, it was SUPPOSED to have a wow factor, but ended up being rather plain. Here’s a photo of it for your reference: 

Post # 4
1512 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@yellowshoe:  Oh good lord! That much?! I haven’t even begun to price cakes yet. Oh my…that makes me nervous.

Post # 6
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Our cake situation is a bit different as we’re having a small main cake (like 4 tiers but 4 small tiers: probably this one: http://www.weddingcakesideas.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/winter-wedding-cakes-5.jpg) and bunch of probably one tier cakes as well – we’re designing each one individually. It probably will come to 15-1600 for the whole thing. I would say, in total, our cakes would be the equivalent of like 2.5 standard wedding cakes? So probably $800-$1000 is reasonable (but maybe less if you don’t want anything to ornate or detailed). Are you getting married in Hawaii? Not sure if you’re from there, but things tend to be more expensive in Hawaii – so that may be a factor. If you’re doing a destination wedding there, I know that many resorts include the cake in the wedding package (although it kind of sounds like youre going with your own vendor).

Post # 7
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We have 260 guests, our cake will be 5 tiers and is costing almost 2K.

Post # 8
1813 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

We had 250+ guests, and paid 70 cents (euro) a slice, so that came to 200 Euros.  We went for a simple 3-tier cake on a stand provided free by the baker.  We recycled the floral decorations from the church to decorate the stand.  I was really happy with it when I saw it.

Post # 9
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We have a family friend who has done wedding cakes as a side business.  Now that I’m reading this I’m so glad we do.  We haven’t decided on a cake yet but I know for a fact that her most expensive cake goes for $300.  So I’m imagining we’ll stay below that.

Post # 10
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

we are having 150-200 guests and our cakes in total will run us just under 1k 

Post # 11
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am sooo glad I’m making my own cake, I couldn’t imagine having to spend that much money on the cake.

Post # 12
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mine is $1200, and we are inviting 195 people, expecting abuout 175 and having cake for 150. We are opting for a cake station instead of putting a slice of cake at each person’s seat — not everyone eats cake and we figure we will save at least $150 by cutting back this way. 

We chose a very popular baker, and went with very specialized flavors, but went with a super simple design and buttercream frosting to cut back on the design cost. 

Post # 13
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Wow!  I can’t believe how expensive cake can get.  For 175 guests, we are going with a 4-tier buttercream cake with 4 different flavors.  It will be about $400 with delivery.  Then again, I don’t live in a big city, so maybe that makes a difference.  

Post # 14
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Thankfully, this is included in the cost per place and contracted directly through the venue. She actually plans to use the “sheet cake” they usually serve from the back as the groom’s cake… BONUS! That was going to be $200 alone. Her cakes are YUMMY and I couldn’t be happier.

Post # 15
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We are having 375 guest and a cake for that many people would be ridiculous. So we are getting a 3 tier cake for $400 plus our baker is gonna also do 2 huge sheet cakes that will be held in the back, and since our venue will cut the cake and pass it out no one will ever know they are eating the sheet cake and not the actual wedding cake. Until we run out of the sheet cakes then they will cut the wedding cake. The sheet cakes are only $50 a piece so im spending $500 on my cake.  

Post # 16
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

We are doing a dessert buffet with Cocoa&Fig – an assortment of macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal peanut butter cookies, a few types of wonderful cupcakes & etc. We’ve been quoted 1500-1700, including delivery, setup & pick up, custom signs stating what things are & coordinating with our other vendors for rental pieces and etc. I think their standard rate is 7.50 a person/3-4 dessert pieces per person. Most cake places we looked at ranged from $5-8 per slice.

The topic ‘Brides with 200 guests…What is your cake running you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors