- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
I would absolutely LOVE some advice, bees 😀 I’ve only been on here a few days but I have fallen in love with this place for the comraderie and the ever so helpful advice being dished out. I need some of that!
My wedding is themed vintage/classic – I guess classic with touches of vintage here and there. I’m wearing lace and I’m wanting lace accents in the flowers and decorations. It’s best explained by looking at my pinterest board!
This is what I’m going to be wearing (on another real bride – ‘ll have two lace cap sleeves instead of what she has), and this is what I’ve fallen in love with for my four year old flower girl (my cutie patootie niece)
I have two gorgeous bridemaids (well, one Maid/Matron of Honor & one bridesmaid). Both are quite similar in looks, tad taller than me (I’m 5’2″), dark hair, apple shaped. I want them to wear navy, but I’m not sure whether to have them in long or short gowns?
What I have in mind:
Long (in navy, obviously!)
(1) Our ceremony is at 6pm on the rooftop of our venue, overlooking the sea and the city BUT we’re doing first look & most of the wedding photos in a park before that. I’m not sure my niece is going to be involved in those photos, she can have some photos with us after the ceremony. Does the fact that it’s more or less an evening event lend itself more to long gowns?
(2) Ivory/white bride, two navy bridesmaids, grooms in dark charcoal suits. Will my two girls in navy be overwhelming if they’re in long dark dresses? Or will it actually balance it out more?
(3) I met both on weight loss journeys. One’s probably going to be an Aussie size 12 and the other a 14 by the wedding. “Real” girls, not super skinny & modelesque like my sister-in-law’s bridesmaids, not big either. Both stunning in their own right! But I want them to be comfortable because I know where they’re at, even now we’ve succeeded, our head’s can still play tricks with us! Oh, and they have GREAT (enviable) legs.
(4) I think if I had more than two I’d go the mismatched route, but with two it’s probably best to keep it simple and have them in the same dress, right? Or do you think mismatched but the same colour & fabric would be ok?
(5) I think the girls would get more use out of short dresses, but is that a reason to go with them? As for who pays, I haven’t discussed it but I’m pretty sure they’d be willing to pay for their own, to a point. I think up to $175 is probably on budget, and I’d cover anything above that.
(6) Shoes! I’m dreaming of winning a contest I entered to win Shoes of Prey for the three of us. But even if that doesn’t pan out, I’d still love to shout them some shoes that matched mine:
Ultimately I’m going to chat to them and come to a collective decision, I’m happy to be flexible, but I want to have a clearer picture in my mind first of what I’m looking for!
Oh, and if anyone else can recommend vintage-style navy bridesmaid dresses, I’d appreciate it!