posted 12 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Do you think it is too short?

yes

no

• Post # 17
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I’d find out where it actually falls on the Bridesmaid or Best Man and then make your choice! If you nix it, let her know what your length requirement is.

Post # 18
    1656 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Does she have a pic of herself in it? As someone who is 5’4″ myself, I find the dresses that seem short on the hanger or on models are actually not at all short on me. I think it’s fine as long as it doesn’t fall too far above the knee. Aslo, she doesn’t have a lot of time to find something else and you DID say they could pick their own dresses.

Post # 19
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

If it looks on the bridesmaid as it does on the model, then i think this looks a little hoochie for a Bridesmaid or Best Man. Maybe a pair of tights would help…but if she bent to far, you’d see fanny.

Have her try it on. It might be signifcantly longer on her than the model, who might be 5″11″ for all we know.

Post # 20
    1088 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

As a bridesmaid, I would feel incredibly uncomfortable in that, and I’m pretty happy with my body! I’m not modest or anything, but I usually don’t go more than two inches or so above the knee, max, when it comes to dresses and skirts. Just because if I bend over, the chance of people seeing certain things is very high.

I would keep looking.

Post # 21
    1640 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

If you have to ask if something is too short, it probably is too short.

Post # 22
    709 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

that is not a Bridesmaid or Best Man dress that is a club dress. i was def tell her no

Post # 23
    455 posts
    Helper bee

waaaaaaay too short! this is not even appropriate to wear to a wedding as a guest, let alone a bridesmaid!

Post # 24
    473 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

i think a tad too short maybe, but overall i’d say it’s a no for a wedding in general. as a guest, i wouldn’t even wear it to a formal event.

Post # 25
    5259 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

Way too short.

Post # 26
    3579 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

That dress would go to the knee on me (I am 5’3″) so I don’t think it would be too short!

Can you see her in the dress before you make your executive decision? Or if you just hate the dress tell her no!

Post # 27
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I think it depends on how tall your bridesmaids are. If they are 5’3″ or under, it might be OK but if they are tall, it will be really short

Post # 28
    656 posts
    Busy bee

Wow yeah that is really short… It is a gorgeous dress but not sure it is appropriate for a wedding!

Post # 29
    709 posts
    Busy bee

did she end up getting it? have you seen it on her?

Post # 30
    69 posts
    Worker bee

depends… if your bridemaids are the size and have the same body shape as the model… than i find them beautiful. if not, your bridemaids will be very uncomfortable

Post # 31
    199 posts
    Blushing bee

I thought it was a swimsuit cover up at first.  Waaay too short!

The topic ‘Bridesmaid dress: too short?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors