(Closed) Bridesmaid dresses part 2!! poll!!

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Which dress should I choose?

Dress 1

Dress 2

Dress 3

Dress 4

Dress 5

Dress 6

Dress 1 and Dress 4

• Post # 16
    47429 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    MrsBrew:  If they happen to pick the same dress, it will be fine. If your sister is the only one who wants dress 4, it will be fine. If they all pick different dresses, it will be fine.

Post # 17
    159 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Question what is your concern.  Feeling or the look of the group ? If it is the look of the group I have seen some pics on Pinterest with one or two in diff dresses the rest in the same. troll tru Pinterest to get an idea. I think if they are all the same color it will be ok.  But it is your preference. 

Post # 20
    84 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

If your maid of honor is in a different dress and the other three are in the same, I think that would be okay!

Post # 22
    47429 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    MrsBrew:  Interesting to see the different perspectives. As a woman who lost a great deal of weight a few years ago. I’m with your sister. I think dress 4 looks way better on her and also on the girl on the far left. If you have any hips at all, dress 1 and 2 make it look like all that fabric just landed on their hips and wasn’t able to slide down the rest of their body.

One advantage if you let them pick their own dress- they can’t blame you if they don’t like the look.

Post # 23
    159 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

i don’t have maids but I understand feeling overwhelmed. when I picked my own dress i had a major melt down.  I will spare you the details. I’m a girl with weight all life. I’m much older ,, almost 50. And comfortable now with it but flipped out never the less if I was getting the right one. I didn’t like all eyes on me at the salon, either. And I’m sure a lot of us can talk about getting up in front of class to give a speech. Or for work. :/   That kind of not so fun feeling. 

so, you are super sweet to consider the maids feelings and letting them be in dresses they will be comfortable in. So think of it this way. If the girls are in dresses they like, and feel pretty, it will show on their face in photos…. Everyone will already be uneasy with eyes on them walkin an aisle, standin in front of people. So, I personally love dress four on your sis. I love the idea and think it is ok to let them get the dress the like but everyone pick same color family and material type.  So, I am supportive of a bride having what she wants, but I don’t think this is the girls running over you. I think you are a sweet consderate host and Sister and friend and making everyone comfortable will show in the pics. it isn’t just about matchy. Thanks for letting me think this through with you!

The topic ‘Bridesmaid dresses part 2!! poll!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors