(Closed) bridesmaid gift for the bride & groom help

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

This is a tough one – I think every bride is bound to have different expectations. I don’t expect gifts from any of my ‘maids personally – their travel expenses will be more than enough! But I feel that way about most of my friends (I’m getting married where my parents live, friends are all over the world) too, so I may not be the best example.

Post # 4
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I don’t know about other gals, but I never even thought about my peeps giving me gifts. Just being there and being willing to stand up there in front of everyone for us is more than enough for me and my Fiance. I’m more worried about getting them gifts!

Post # 5
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Have you talked to the other BMs? Maybe you could all go in on one really great gift so you don’t break your budget and you still feel like you were able to get something nice? That being said, I generally don’t feel that the BMs need to bring a wedding gift other than thier support throughout and physical presence.

Post # 6
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I certainly don’t expect my bridesmaids to give us a gift on top of everything else they’ve done. But on the other hand, when I’m a bridesmaid, I always give a gift. Not a large gift, but something small and meaningful.

Post # 7
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I usually try to go with something more meaningful than expensive for a Bridesmaid or Best Man gift.

Post # 8
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Okay, I’ll be honest here.  I do not expect a gift from BMs.  They do enough, and really, they’re with me because I love them, not because of what they can give me.

However, if I didn’t at least get a card from them, I might have my feelings hurt.  Not enough to cause a big fuss or anything, not even enough to mention it, but enough to notice.

The topic ‘bridesmaid gift for the bride & groom help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors