- 5 years ago
- Wedding: June 2015
I have 6 bridesmaids and am trying to decide what to do for their gift. I want to spend $40-50. I’m a minimalist and haaaaate clutter, so I want to give them useful gifts that they don’t already have, not keepsakes, jewelry, or trendy things that they will have to feel slightly guilty about donating to Goodwill in 5 years.
I keep coming back to the idea of just paying $50 toward each dress (they are choosing their own Alfred Sung short dress, so will pay $123-200, depending on the style they want). Some of the BMs are on a tight budget and would really appreciate it, but I ran that idea past my Maid/Matron of Honor, and she said she’d rather pay for the whole dress and get a cool gift. However, she makes significantly more money than anyone else in the bridal party, so I’m not sure if I should listen to her or not.
They are buying their dresses next month, so I need to go ahead and decide now whether I’m putting any money down on their dresses, and how much.
Other ideas I’ve considered are…
– a nice stainless steel travel tumbler (I have a $15 one that I get compliments on all the time, and I could try to personalize it with paint)
– a nice-ish bottle of wine or prosecco (maybe with a cute personalized label) ($15-25)
– a set of 2 wine glasses or champagne flutes ($5-10)
– a giftcard to Target or Amazon ($20-25)
– a floral robe in their favorite color ($25-30)
– a USB key in their favorite color (sounds weird, but I got one from work as a gift, get tons of compliments on it, and use it all the time) ($5-10)
Please give me your opinion on what combination of gifts you’d like to receive as a bridesmaid (especially if you were on a budget!). Also, if you gifted your BMs money toward their dress, I’d love to know how you presented that to them.