(Closed) Bridesmaid gifts!?

posted 5 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 2
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I had the same problem- I got them travel makeup bags on sale from Forever 21 at $5 a pop. I also got them white topaz stud earrings from Groupon gifts (check those out, sometimes they have really inexpensive items that would be great gifts!). They don’t have to wear them on the wedding day, but it’s a simple stud they can wear whenever, or if they don’t it was inexpensive so not a big loss. I am also getting them framed pics of me and each lady when we were younger/in college.

What about fun sunglasses? Water or coffee tumblers/mugs? Small jewelry/trinket dishes/boxes, monogrammed (Etsy has tons of these). Just a few ideas.

Post # 3
618 posts
Busy bee

My budget is similar to yours, and I have 5 BM’s and a junior Bridesmaid or Best Man.  Because my girls are in matching dresses, matching jewelry made sense – so one piece of their gift is a matching earring/necklace set I got for $13 each at Kohl’s.

I also got them makeup bags/clutches I found for $5 each online. They can choose whether they want to use them for the wedding or not.  In those, I’m including tissues ($1 each), a compact mirror ($1 each), a little man to put on their glass as a gag gift ($2 each – called Drinking Buddies), mini alcohol shooters ($1.50 each), and attaching a keychain with their initial to each bag ($1 each).

I’m also giving them each a wine glass that will be at the head table. They have glitter stems in the color of their dresses, and then each glass has their initial on it too.  Got the glasses for about $5 each, and initials we added ourselves for about $1 each.  I’m hoping it’s something they’ll be able to use in the future.

Then I did add something extra for my Maid/Matron of Honor – she just got engaged, so I’m giving her a $30 gift card to Hobby Lobby to go towards wedding things for her.  I still have to find a main gift for my junior Bridesmaid or Best Man.  So I guess it total I’ll be just over $200.  I’ve been shopping for these items since Christmas, so I managed to get some good deals which helped.

Post # 4
198 posts
Blushing bee

Hi! I am getting my girls a t shirt (that says “let’s do this”), sweatpants that have their first names going down one of the legs… and a little make up bag with random stuff in it (eos lip balm and hand lotion, my fave hair ties, haven’t decided what else to put in it… but just random stuff they can use on a normal day).

I didn’t do jewelry/day of accessories bc they are all wearing different dresses (mismatched) and also they all have very different styles. I didn’t want to spend money on something they would use only once.

I am thinking of getting like a $10 gift card to Starbucks or something to put in them too… I usually get carried away with gifts (I love to gift!)… but I think this is OK. Anymore and I’m pretty sure they would start freaking out on me… LOL. Maybe a scarf too.

OH! Maybe this is irrelevant- but I also tried to be really practical with the shirt/sweatpant combo… I actually text all of them and asked if they preferred that or a robe. All but one said shirt/sweatpant combo. So I actually bought that one Bridesmaid or Best Man a robe for her birthday and went with the shirt and sweatpants for the wedding gifts…

Good luck!

Post # 5
9096 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Buy them each something personal to their taste. It is a present to thank them after all.

A day of kit is nice and all but most of it won’t get used and it is really just an extra for your wedding day rather than a thought about present for those closest to you.

Post # 6
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
futuremrsJR:  For my BMs I am going to be getting them each a pair of pearl earrings – my girls are doing mismatched dresses as well – but peals go with everything, IMO. I will also be getting them satin changing robes with a simple flower pattern, nothing denoting ‘bridesmaid’. I am also paying for their makeup day-of.

Wine is always a nice gift – I have even seen places where you can have fun custom lables made. A gift certificate to a nice dinner. Paying for their hair/makeup/nails to be done for the big day.

I really do like the day-of-survival kit idea you mentioned: maybe a basket with a makeup touchup kit, a bottle of sparkling, a gift card for starbucks or another nearby coffee shop to help get the morning going, some light snaks to ward off hangriness, etc.

I hope some of this helps, happy hunting:)

Post # 7
47389 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think the most appreciated gift is the most thoughtful gift. They are your bridesmaids. Think about their personal tastes and intersts. Buy each girl something you know she will like. The latest book and a gift card for coffee for the avid reader;a clutch for the fashionista etc. If you do some careful shopping, $40 per girl can go a long way. You don’t have to buy each girl the same gift.

This way each of them ends up with something they like rather than a generic makeup bag filled with low quality items that are not likely to be their personal choice.

Post # 8
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I got a little carried away with my Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts but I love to gift!!  

There is a standing joke with my friends and family about having to call me before you come over because I am always in my robe and sweats (I work from home) so I got each girl a robe from Victoria’s secret, a pair of sweats from Victorias Secret and a white button down shirt.  I also got them some VS bath and lotion items.  I got them each a bag off of Etsy for $4 and ironed on Bridesmaid on it.  None of them need another bag, it was more for the vessel to give the gift that is why I put the Bridesmaid on it.   We are wearing boots and I LOVE fun socks. I got them each a pair of socks representing a vacation we took together.  One pair says Hollywood down the front, one is NY socks with Statue of Liberty on them and one is Las Vegas socks. 

I had so much fun with the Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts!

Post # 9
175 posts
Blushing bee

Some suggestions… Pajamas to wear while getting ready, little glass jewelry boxes ( each unique and different) naked eyeshadow palette (they make a smaller version for $30) or  clutches 

Post # 10
175 posts
Blushing bee

Some suggestions… Pajamas to wear while getting ready, little glass jewelry boxes ( each unique and different) naked eyeshadow palette (they make a smaller version for $30) A pair of flip flops for the reception (that could maybe be in additional to a larger gift, since u could get them for $2 each at old navy ) 

The topic ‘Bridesmaid gifts!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors