Bridesmaid gifts

posted 2 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
1163 posts
Bumble bee

Are you sure “always a bridesmaid” won’t offend any of your ladies? I kind of cringed when I read that. 

Post # 6
200 posts
Helper bee

I wouldn’t do anything personalized or that says “bridesmaid”. To me they are cringeworthy and not something I’d use again. But a wine opener is never a bad idea – maybe you can find a unique/whimsical one I would just avoid corny phrases

Post # 9
7419 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

All of your gift ideas sound like they are focused on your wedding and not on the recipients.  So they’re not really gifts, are they? They’re more like wedding accessories. I’d skip the cutesy matchy wedding junk and buy each lady a carefully chosen gift that’s just for her. For the sports fan, a jersey of her favorite player. Or a nice quality knife for the gourmet cook. Stuff like that. You can still give wedding trinkets, but gifts should be completely about them, not you.

Post # 10
395 posts
Helper bee

I think those wine openers sounds funny as, I’m engaged so will be a bride one day and I certainly wouldn’t be offended at that!! I have a bridesmaid dressing gown from a few years back and I love the memories associated with it.

like you say, you know your bridesmaids so don’t worry about it.

Etsy is always my go to.

Post # 11
2407 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree that these gifts seem more focused on being “getting ready” photo props.  I’ve never understood the whole identical gift thing.  Although I have two sisters, the three of us couldn’t be more different, and people always want to give us identical gifts… So I might be a bit sensitive to it.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors