(Closed) Bridesmaid Gifts

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I think this is plenty! You are more than generous! The weddings I have been in I got the jewelry to wear to the wedding and a makeup bag. THAT IS IT. The robes and earrings are things they will appreciate long after the wedding!

SHEESH! I am the one getting married and if I gave gifts the way some of these boards suggest I do, then almost 50% of my budget would be getting gifts for my wedding party, guests and parents!

Post # 3
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I know the general vide on the Bee seems to be that “wedding related gifts aren’t gifts,” but to me it’s more, “gifts they won’t use after the wedding aren’t gifts.” The earrings that you individually picked for each bridesmaid, whether or not you ask them to wear them in the wedding, sound like something that will still be useful to them the next day. The robes may or may not be, depending on the kind you chose. If I were a bridesmaid, I’d be excited by the gifts you’re giving.

Post # 4
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I second proudgeek 👆

Post # 5
737 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2025

I’m doing a big bag full of stuff for my bridesmaids and I recognize that some things in that bag are not actual gifts, so I will compensate accordingly.

For example, they’re all getting matching robes for some cute getting ready pictures. Are they ever going to use them again (seeing as that they match my wedding colors)? Not likely. So, not a a gift. Same with the hair pins they’ll wear on the day and the PJs I got them to wear underneath the robes. 

I’m planning to buy each girl a very nice set of swarovski crystal earrings, something they can keep and remember and wear again that will be their primary gift.

What you’ve got sounds amazing, I’d be incredibly happy to receive any of that as a bridesmaid!

Post # 6
948 posts
Busy bee

I also agree! You are being generous! The cost of being a bridesmaid is so high, the nicest thing you can do is take away the cost for them. 

My 2 sisters were my bridesmaids. They both happened to be bridesmaids in their frined’s wedding 1 year prior to mine. For that wedding they wore gray dresses. The dresses were simple and classy, so I told them to wear them again. I mean – they arelady had matching dresses! It was a no brainer! Both of my sisters traveled for the bachelorette party, and then 2 weeks later for the wedding, so I was very worried about putting undue stress on them. 

1. we gave them rooms at the venue (included in our rental cost) so they didn’t have to get a hotel. All meals were covered while at the venue. 
  2. I purchased their shoes
  3. I got them the jewelry (but it’s quite over the top jewelry, they are not likely to wear it again)
  4. I paid for makeup only, they had to do their oown hair
  5. No robes, but about a month after the wedding I gave everyone a really nice colori wallet. They all seemed to be ok with this. 

I think the important thing about gifts is being thoughtful! Taking away some of their expence is a big gift! 

Post # 7
356 posts
Helper bee

I totally think that is generous! I would appreciate that! 

Post # 8
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Bg1309 :  I think you’re doing the perfect blend of wedding gifts and personal gifts. The problem with “wedding related” gifts is like, getting a shirt that says “Bridesmaid” or a necklace that only matches the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress or something is not really a gift. It’s a prop. That says, “hi I want you to look cute in the getting ready pics but here is a ‘gift.'”

You’re being incredibly generous and I think they will love it! Don’t second guess it girl, you’re fine!

Post # 9
458 posts
Helper bee

Yes Thats amazing! My bridesmaids are also all traveling and spending money! I am planning on paying for all their hair, getting them personalized Venti starbucks cups, a beautiful necklace & still looking for earings. I am pricing out robes but I really like the idea of getting them little bags with little things inside like sunscreen, bathbomb, sanitizer, maybe a little nail kit? I still need to think about it! 

Post # 10
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I agree with others, that is pretty generous! I was the maid of honor in my best friends wedding last year and I had to purchase my own dress and pay for my own manicure. The manicure part upset me a bit because the place she chose for us to all go as a group messed up my nails and then charged me too much. After that, she told me as we were leaving she would have paid if I would have asked and that she paid for other bridesmaids. She did pay for hair and makeup and as gifts she bought all of us robes and a necklace from Etsy.

The topic ‘Bridesmaid Gifts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors