(Closed) Bridesmaid Gifts

posted 3 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 2
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

underblueskies1016 :  I’m doing a few things personalized.  Etsy can be your best friend on this.  Personalized jewellery works well (unless you gave personalized jeweller when you asked them to be bridesmaids??) and personalized items like a purse/jewellery case/carry-on bag with their first initial on it?  Personalized hangers for their dresses (they’ll always use this, even after the wedding)? And even home decor items that don’t need to say “bridesmaid” but can be personal with a quote on it that they usually say or something (jewellery boxes, dishware, etc).  Hope this helps!

Post # 3
4231 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

I know you said ‘other than jewellery’ but that is what I did for my girls. My wedding colours were emerald green and ivory. The bridesmaid dresses were emerald green as well. I had custom made wraparound bracelets made with green jade and white swarofski crystals. They wore them on the day, and they can be worn again afterwords too which is nice. 

Darling Husband gave his groomsmen beautiful flasks…that doesn’t have to be just a guy thing. When my friend got married both the bridesmaids and groomsmen all got 100 Gift Certificates for XBOX Live (we are all gamers). So anything goes really!

Post # 4
6829 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Anything personal and non-wedding related that you might gift them for a birthday would likely be appreciated and will vary from Bridesmaid or Best Man to BM–maybe a great bottle of wine for one, a gift card for a massage for another, a few hours of house cleaning service…I would love all of those things. 

Post # 5
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I gave little perfumes, lip balms, and hand lotions to my bridesmaids.

Post # 6
1987 posts
Buzzing bee

underblueskies1016 :  On threads like this you’ll often see people say “shop for them like it’s their birthday,” which I think is good advice.  It’s hard to find things that please everyone, even if you’re willing to spend a lot of money, because, as you suggest, people’s tastes vary when it come to things like jewelry, some women really enjoy designer labels and other women don’t, etc.  It’s hard to see how one could go wrong with a smaller, personalized gift accompanied by a nice card or note.

Post # 7
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

underblueskies1016 :  I agree that the robes are more for you and the wine glasses- while I’m sure cute- aren’t really something they are going to use after the wedding. 

I shopped for my party like it was their birthdays and I just happened to have the same budget for each. For me, that meant three girls got necklaces (I picked from their etsy wish lists), the guy got an engraved compass, and the last girl got a pashmina. The gifts do not have to match.

If you want matching gifts I know I can never have enough tote bags. I wouldn’t do anything wedding related though. You could put their initials or choose something that each of them likes. 

Post # 9
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m doing personalized wine glasses, we all love wine and I thought they were too cute. I’m also doing a bath set with,  salts, bath bomb, and a scrub. 

Post # 10
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Old Lake County Courthouse

My 3 bridesmaids and 1 maid of honor all received monogram waffle robes, earrings, and beautiful picture frames as their gift. I also made their bouquets in which they got to keep. They were very appreciative of everything. 

Post # 11
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I would do as some others suggested and buy something personalized for each of them, depending on their interests/hobbies. Just as you do for their birthdays. For example, for the last birthdays of my friends, I got my yoga-loving friend a gift card to Lululemon, I got my elephant-obsessed friend a nice silver elephant necklace as well as elephant shorts in which part of the proceeds go to help elephants, I got my lover-of-all-things-“cutesy” friend who just bought a house a few cute things from Hobby Lobby… You get the idea. The only thing I would make sure of is that you spend about the same on each girl.

Post # 12
189 posts
Blushing bee

underblueskies1016 :  Honestly I am only buying things I know they will use again. I am buying them some ballet flats that come with a bag for them to change into at the reception so their feet won’t hurt. The shoes will be in a small gift bag that will also have small things they may need for the day like bobby pins, safety pins, lip balm, lotion, wipes to freshen up if needed and deodorant etc. Also my coworker has a etsy shop so I’m having her make them customs bracelets as well with free shipping of course lol total price is about $40 per person. Here’s a pic of the bags I made them and bags for the groomsmen too but Fiance is taking over for their gifts. 

Post # 13
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Mississauga Convention Centre

We’re getting Lladro figurines for everyone in our bridal party including our grandparents

The topic ‘Bridesmaid Gifts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors