(Closed) Bridesmaid gifts!

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
2625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

We are doing personalized items for each person, rather than the same thing for everyone.  Then people will get something they will enjoy more.  I’m still working on the girls, but as an example, for the guys there is something different for each:  one is getting etched pint glasses with his home cityscape, one a shot glass and flask with the logo of his favorite liquor, and the last is getting some wall art we know he’d like.

Post # 3
819 posts
Busy bee

That all sounds awesome to me! If you’ve already gone the personalized tote route for one girl though, I’d pick something different for her– the wine bottle holders seem a bit more unique than totes, so maybe swap those out? I’d add a nice card for each person and then you’re all set!

Post # 4
47435 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
lilceeja124 :  Gifts for any occasion are much nicer when they are personalized, and I don’t mean mnogrammed.

The robe is a prop for pictures for your wedding. It may or may not be something they will ever wear again. Buy them if you want those pics, but I would also put some thought into a gift chosen for each indifidual bridesmaid’s taste and interests.

Sometimes when we don’t know what to get someone, we try to solve the problem by buying quantity over quality.

Post # 6
6961 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
lilceeja124 :  By personalized I’m assuming you mean everything is monogrammed? I think that’s a bit much. Sure, one monogrammed item is fine, but then I’d try to get each of them something that’s “personal” but doesn’t have their name or initials on it. 

Post # 7
47435 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
lilceeja124 :  You know your BM’s, I don’t. Buy for them as if it were their birthday. What do they like to do?

For the music fan- tickets to a concert by their favorite artist?

For the foodie- a gift card to the hottest new restaurant?

A beer drinker- a craft beer tour?

There are lots of ideas in old threads

Search

Post # 10
6961 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
lilceeja124 :  Yeah I think one or two monogrammed items is more than enough. I don’t know your girls but what I did was get each of my BMs a Kate Spade wristlet and a bath product of some sort (bath bomb, soap, etc.). They all loved them and they were each a little different so it wasn’t like I was giving everyone the exact same thing. 

Post # 11
470 posts
Helper bee

I don’t understand the overwhelming obsession with personalization. If you’re going to be generous and spend $100 on each, why not think outside the box? If you want to have them all wear the same slippers, why not get high quality sheepskin slippers, like from Minnetonka? they run around $50.  Also, how often are your friends going to drink wine out of a tumbler? It might be fun for the wedding and getting ready, but afterwards, it’s not likely. You could take that $20 and get them each a bottle of liquor for their favorite mixed drink. Or, for $100, you could get them each a nice wallet from Kate Spade, or a beautiful handmade leather bag on Etsy. Really think of the fact you’re spending a lot of money, and you want them to keep using those things after the wedding.

Post # 13
953 posts
Busy bee

We stuck to a pretty practical set of gifts. I purchased their wedding day jewelry, I purchased their shoes (matching black pumps), and I paid for their makeup to be done.  We also had a venue that included guest rooms, so this covered the hotel cost for all the bridal party and the paretns of bride and groom. Since I did all that, I didn’t do any robes or gift bags.

The only actual gift I gave in a box was a nice wallet. I sent it about a month after the wedding with the thank you cards. The wallets were just under $100 each. 

Post # 14
118 posts
Blushing bee

I think people are being a little negative. I agree that monogram can be overboard and I personally wouldn’t use something with my name plastered on it, but at the same time, buying each person something completely different could cause some people to feel like they didn’t get as nice a gift as person A, etc. It’s a tricky game to play. I got my girls tote bags, as I think they’re useful, but everyone has a different one. My friend who likes to read is getting one that says ” I like big books and I cannot lie”. My friend who likes to travel is getting one w/ a watercolor map on it. Etc. They’re personalized, but all the same “thing”. I also got them luggage tags with the quote “Not all who wander are lost” made of leather, from etsy. And pretty robes since a lot of them mentioned wanting one. I’m adding to that for my Maid/Matron of Honor and getting her a kendra scott necklace and two fancy champagne glasses for her and her fiance.

The topic ‘Bridesmaid gifts!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors