(Closed) Bridesmaid Gifts

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I snagged 3 Coach wristlets in different colors I thought each girl would like on sale for $25 the weekend of Thanksgiving. I’m also getting the girls a pair of earrings and a necklace with the coordinates engraved of where we first met. This jewelry will not be worn the day of the wedding. I don’t think the gifts you give should be worn the day of, in my opinion. I think it should be something else they can wear daily. I put pics below. 

I’m going to put the gifts in a cute paper bag from etsy with their names on them. I’m also doing hangers for their dresses. 

Post # 3
1974 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I’ve never had anything very exciting given to me. Both times its the jewelry I wore for the wedding.  I would love a Kate Spade. Haha. 

I am doing a small proposal box for my girls. Mostly because I told them I wanted it to be them to make sure they wanted to be on the wedding. Now I want to be sweet and give them something (and can double as a Christmas gift!) I got them necklaces that made me think of them and giftcards to their favorite stores. 

When its time for the wedding I think I’ll get them matching necklaces, or earrings. But I haven’t thought that far yet. 

Post # 4
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’m doing a mix of three things for my bridesmaids. I gave them the option of doing their own hair and makeup, them paying to get it done professionally, or me paying for it in lieu of a really nice tangible gift. Both girls picked me paying for the hair and makeup instead of the pricey gift. 

That said though, that’s only one of the three things I’m doing. I also got them a variety of little keepsakes, like personalized wine glasses, tank tops, hangers, bags, and robes (and it’s personalized with their names…not my wedding!).

The third thing I’m going to give them is TBD. I’d like to get them something small ($25 dollar range) that isn’t quite as wedding-centric. I don’t know what that’ll be yet, but we’ll see. 

Post # 5
78 posts
Worker bee

I feel bad because I was thinking of giving my girls jewelry for the wedding. I was thinking that along with highlighter and maybe lipstick probably something else. They’ll be doing their own/each others makeup since they are really good and the look is simple. 

I was originally thinking a cute overnight bag or something with sandals and maybe a beach towel (i’m getting married on the beach) so maybe that can be done as well.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee

Also want to ask if anyone had/has jr bridesmaids are you getting them the same thing or something different?

Post # 7
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
@ lovethelacexo   LOVE that necklace idea, so cute & creative!

View original reply
@ lovethelacexo   My favorite gift was a Thirty-One tote bag or when the bride paid for anything wedding related (hair, makeup, nails).  My worst was probably wine, or random things that said “bridesmaid”.  

I bought my bridesmaid’s dresses (WTOO Style 257, I love them!), a PJ set from Victoria’s Secret in different patterns, a cute little pineapple t-shirt they can wear getting ready, barefoot sandals (beach wedding), and am treating them to mani/pedis.  I know all of my gifts are related to the wedding, but hopefully my card to each of them make it more personal 🙂

Post # 10
953 posts
Busy bee

I paid for makeup but not hair (they did their own hair)

I purchaased the shoes and the jewelry. 

We paid for all the bridal party hotel rooms. 

The only non-wedding related gift I gave them was a nice leather wallet. I sent that with a thank you note about 4 weeks after the wedding. 

I find that most Bridesmaid or Best Man appreciated it if you save them a lot of expence of being a Bridesmaid or Best Man. Since my girls were already paying for plane tickets I did my best to save them moeny. But I do think the matching robes are cute for pics. 

Post # 15
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

In lieu of gifts I paid for the dress, hair and makeup. Shoes and accessories I left as a choice and they could use something they already owned if they wanted.

The topic ‘Bridesmaid Gifts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors